"New start, good job. I actually came here with my girlfriend and our kids."

"Fuck," Cal thought. Before he could say anymore on the topic, a small body collided with Frank, causing the two men to look down to see David excitedly clutching his father's leg in one hand and an ice cream in the other.

"Dad, look! I got double chocolate cookies with a twix!" David cheered, jumping down on the spot, which caused Frank and Cal to laugh. Frank lifted David up on to his shoulders, just as Grace ran up to them, out of breath.

"Jesus, Davey, don't run like that," the woman panted, leaning on Frank for support. "You nearly killed me. I thought-" that's when Grace noticed Frank was still talking to Cal. Both were frozen on the spot, until Faith and Evie came up to them, giggling and licking their ice creams, Faith's arm slung around Evie's shoulder.

"Hey, Mr. Jacobs," Faith said to him politely, waving with her free hand. "How's it going?"

"Hey, sweetheart," Cal chuckled, his eyes widening when the name slipped from his lips, but no one seemed to comment. "I heard from Nate that you've become a cheerleader? Cassie and Maddy talk you into that?"

"Unfortunately, yes," Faith and Cal chuckled, and Grace was thanking God that the awkward tension was broken, that was until none other than Marsha Jacobs turned to them, her sweet smile turning sickly when she noticed her husband talking to them. She had her suspicions about Cal's relationship with a random woman and her child, and cornered him one night, leading to the revelation.

"That's good, it'll look great on the college application," Cal smiled wholeheartedly towards Faith. "It's nice to see you."

Before Faith could speak, Marsha came over with her sickening sweet smile. "Hey, guys. Oh, honey, you're holding them up," she pretended to scold her husband, "playfully" slapping his shoulder, handing the chilli to Frank. "That'll be four dollars."

Frank pulled out a twenty dollar bill and handed it over, smiling widely. "Keep the change, Mrs. Jacobs, it's for charity."

"How sweet of you," Marsha faked her smile.

"Shit, I'm late!" Faith cursed, looking at her watch.

"First date, kid?" Cal asked her, chuckling when Faith nodded. "Who's the lucky guy?"

"Uh, it's a girl," Faith chuckled awkwardly, waving Cal off when he apologised. "It's Lexi Howard."

"Your best friends little sister, nice one," Cal chuckled.

"Good luck," Cal, Grace and Frank said in unison when Faith began walking towards the Ferris Wheel.

Faith was very nervous. So nervous that she had smoothed out her skirt about four times in the space of two minutes, and when Lexi arrived, pulling Faith into a tight hug, her nerves seemingly disappeared.

"I'm no good at this fucking game," Faith swore five minutes later, when her and Lexi stood at a booth.

"Here, let me try," Lexi chuckled, and Faith huffed, passing the rings to her. The game was quite simple, throw the rings and try and get them around the bottle, however Faith's aim was completely shit.

Lexi lined up her shot, but then the worker turned away, causing a mischievous glint to appear in Lexi's eye as she hopped over the counter and placed three rings on the bottle, before hopping back over.

"Lexi Howard, you little hot ass bitch," Faith whispered into Lexi's ear, pretending Lexi had gotten the rings around the bottle the right way. "I didn't know you condoned cheating?"

"Only if it's to make you smile," Lexi said charmingly, causing Faith to chuckle and kiss her on the cheek. "Which one do you want?"

Faith's eyes lit up with excitement as she pointed to a small stuffed panda, which the worker begrudgingly got for her.