💞 a new beginning

[Sundrops pov]

I was taking care of the kids, watching as they made some arts and crafts.i looked at the clock seeing that it was almost nap time I call out to moon "Moon! It's almost nap time" as I see him come out of the shadows to unload the sleeping bags. I stood there looking at him putting the last sleeping bag down, I wanted to strike up a conversation since we hadn't been on the best terms and we rarely ever talked. "So.. How are you doing..? " I said nervously. ".. Im good" he responded. I didn't know what else to say, the room was filled with silence until I heard the alarm clock go off indicating that it was nap time.

[Moondrops pov]

I sat in silence as I heard the alarm clock go off. I stood up as I heard kids Whinning as they walk to their sleeping bags, I stood up to get a book to read to the kids. I took out three books and sat down in front of the kids. "What book would everyone like to read?" I said as I held the three books up, little red riding Hood, the three little pigs, and the very hungry Catterpiler. "And the winner is... The little red riding Hood!" I said with a smile. I read the book as I see the children fall asleep one by one.. I finished the book and looked up to see all the kids sleeping, I stood up and grabbed the books to put them all back on the bookshelf. As I turn around I see sundrop staring at me, we lock eyes for a few seconds as im brought back into reality I walk to the bookshelf and put the books back up.

[Sundrops pov]

[Sundrops pov]

I wanted to strike a conversation again but I didn't want it to be awkward like it was last time. "Are you okay?" I hear him ask as I realized I zoned out "I'm okay ha.. Sorry bout that-" I said with a nervous smile."are you sure? you seem exhausted"
"I'm sure, it's just that the kids can be a but tiring sometimes u'know?" I responded. "Tell me about it" he said with a soft smile. The conversation went on from there, with laughs and smiles. It filled me with joy knowing that I officially struck a conversation with moon, and how we'd become friends.
And maybe we could be more than just friends...

[Moondrops pov(I keep switching too much don't I 💀) ]

I was having an enjoyable conversation with sun until I heard the nap time alarm go off. Nap time was over, time really flew by. I watched some of the kids wake up to the alarm as I stood up to wake up the others who didn't. "Alright, nap time is over it's time to play." I said with a smile. I wave at the kids as they leave the nap time area to go play. I smile at sun and wave as he does it back. I stay in the room as I was sensitive to light, "maybe I should draw something" I said to myself as I graves paper and cooler pencils. I thought about sun and about the conversation we had. I thought about his smile, and how sweet is was.. It was so.. "Ugh what am I thinking! You can't just fall in love like that!" I thought to myself, we had just met properly of course, but I just couldn't help feeling this way for him.. I cover my face with my hands as I finally started drawing. I drew sun with the children in a group, I couldn't stop thinking about him. I put the color pencils away as I set the paper down on a table. I layed on a beanbag I fell asleep almost immediately..

*time skip*

[Sundrops pov]

I was having fun with the kids I realized that it was almost time for the parents to come pick up their children. "Alright kids, it's almost time to go home so start picking up and gather your stuff!" I said with a forced smile. I loved working with kids of course but it was tiring.. I was exhausted. I watched the kids pick up their stuff, I cleaned some of the mess. I heard the door open as the parents started to come in to pick up their kids, I watched the kids leave with their parents one by one as I waved goodbye to the last child. I went over to clean up the mess the children left and went to find moon. I walk to the sleeping area as I see moon sleeping on a be a bad. I walk over to him and look over at the table near him, I see a paper with a drawing of me and the children. I smile as I lay done next to moon, cuddling with him. I hoped it would be okay, we where friends now.. Right? Is this what friends do?.. I cuddle with him laying on top of him, I lay my head on his chest. Hoping it was okay as I fell asleep in his arms.

*the next morning*

*the next morning*

[Moondroos pov]

I woke up feeling something or someone on me. As I opened my eyes I see sundrop on top of me, cuddling me.
I blushed hard as i stayed still wanting this moment to last forever, I put my hand on his head that was on my chest. I felt.. Happy.. I felt butterflies in my stomach. I heard a yawn as I see sundrop look up at me with tired eyes, I see him blush and panicked trying to get up, I blushed and smiled at him. "I-I'm so sorry moony.. Haha" I heard him say as I looked at him seeing him blush hard. I blush even more as I realized about the nickname he had given me. "Moony?" I said as I smiled seeing him look down and cover his face with his hands. I took his hands off of his face and used my other hand to lift his head up to look at me. "It's alright, I like that name~" I said in a seductive voice as I see him panic even more and get off of me. I only smile in response as he does so too.

[Woo author here, 1071 words not counting these 😭, funfact:I listen to truecrime podcasts while writing]