Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Three years later

Lissa dodged a running kid on her way outside to put the sushi on the garden table. She shook her head with a smile playing about her lips, it had been three years since Dante was born and it was finally his third birthday. It definitely felt like yesterday when she had him in his arms as a new-born. He kept on insisting that he was a big boy now and no longer needed cuddles but his parents’ was very persistent on giving him kisses and hugs all the time which her son did not mind in spite of his bickering after. She laid the plate on the wooden table and saw her one year old daughter trying to get away from the tickle monster. Children’s laughter rang throughout the whole place, grown-ups mingled around too.

“Daddy, look at me! I’m batman” her third-year old baby boy called out to Lucca. Her husband looked up from tickling their daughter and saw that Dante was dressed as a superhero and was running around laughing.

His dad gave him a thumbs-up and said, “Looking good, son!” then caught her eye. He smiled and her heart melted. Their five year anniversary was coming up in a few weeks and Lucca seemed to be planning something she did not know about.

“You shouldn’t really encourage him, you know” she scolded playfully and bent down to get her daughter up into her arms.

“He’s just a little boy, tesoro mia. He’ll learn to keep his clothes on,” and it only hadn’t been a minute when Lissa saw their son’s costume thrown across the grass and he was left in his cute, blue briefs that had Ben 10 printed on the centre.

“I’ll let you deal with him,” she muttered quickly before he could object. He grinned and kissed both her and their little munchkin before convincing Dante to put his clothes back on. Well, not exactly convinced him since they made a deal.

Two cookies along with a glass of milk, was what Dante negotiated and her husband immediately agreed as long as he put it on quickly. Which their son did.

She laughed and adjusted Alcee Eveline de Antonio in her arms. The baby reached out and gripped a strand of hair and put it in her mouth; Lissa shook her head and did not make an attempt to stop her daughter from drooling all over her. Luckily she had a baby cloth thrown on her shoulder blade so that her dribble wouldn’t leak onto her shirt. They watched as more visitors came for Alcee’s big brother’s birthday, and two of them were their grandparents’. Her parents’ had never gotten back together but definitely learnt how to deal with each other’s presence in a very civil way. They spoiled their grandkids rotten when they were around and Lissa and Lucca would never have it any other way. She finally reconciled with her own mother and they had been closer than ever since. No grudges was held between Lucca and his mother-in-law which was a bonus.

Lissa came forward and greeted her parents’ accepting the presents they brought with them even though it was unnecessary. Her father took Al from her arms and carried her inside to see the boys’ and her mother followed. A blue mustang came next and a beautiful family came out. Pauline and her husband Raoul ushered their three kids in and Lissa waved. They waved back; it had taken a year to finally meet Lucca’s family in Italy along with Pauline and her own. She still felt terrible and guilty for accusing her husband but had never doubted him anymore. They lived in a peaceful life and neither Lucca nor Lissa could ask for a better one.

Soon after, the party started and candles was blown by the birthday boy. And then the cake was cut and eaten. And that night, Lucca pulled her in his arms.

“Life with is you is better than I imagined, tesoro mia

She laughed and dived onto his body, before saying “I know.”

THE END.

Thank you so much for all the votes and comment you have given in this story. The amount of attention it got was surprisingly a lot and I'm so grateful for that. Thank you for sticking till the end and reading the first novel of Unrequited Love series. Now who is interested for the next one? Which is called The Mistake Bride. Comment your thoughts about the next book and enjoy! x