"Yes my lord-", I hesitated, biting my lip, then added, "-thank you."

He hummed in response. We were in the bedchamber by then, and he gently laid me on the large elevated bed.

  I was ready to try and sleep off the weakness from the feeding, but apparently Gwi was still bored, because after taking off my shoes -no shoes in the bed

I was ready to try and sleep off the weakness from the feeding, but apparently Gwi was still bored, because after taking off my shoes -no shoes in the bed. what are you, an animal?- he settled in the bed next to me and crossed his legs. I was drifting off, but then his low voice reached my ears once more.

"How old are you, Eunhee?"

I opened my eyes.

"17. I will be 18 in a couple of months", I replied quietly.

"Shouldn't you be betrothed by now?"

It took me a while to process the question and clearly I took too long because he impatiently tapped my forehead with his finger. My brows furrowed.

"The matter has never been addressed, as far as I'm aware. Father never mentioned anything like that to me. I assume it wasn't a priority."

"Does it not appeal to you?", he asked. I sighed, shrugging.

"I'm not sure. I don't really know what exactly should appeal to me. I haven't had a lot of experiences with marriage, whether among my elders or my peers. Only my parents." He hummed at that, laying his head back and closing his eyes. I knew he was still listening though.

"And theirs?", he inquired. I thought for a moment.

"Its... peaceful, I suppose. Father provides for Mother and she is submissive to him and supports him", I replied.

"And your mother? The one who who birthed you."

I froze.

I didn't even know he knew my birth mother had passed.

"She... She was the same. No, not the same. Kinder, to everyone. She was good to everyone, even when they weren't good to her", I took a shaky breath.

"That was probably what helped kill her.

"She was never good enough for them. Almost a decade of marriage and all she had to show for it was ill health... and me. It took me some time, but I finally realized that I would end up just like her", I chuckled wetly, feeling my eyes water.

It had been a while since I'd talked about her, much less for this long. I frowned and reached up to rub my eyes, annoyed at my own fragility.

"What happened to your hand?", he asked, his voice soft. I looked up to see his eyes open and hooded, staring at me. Looking down at my hand, I realized that it was the wounded one and moved to cover it with my sleeve.

 Looking down at my hand, I realized that it was the wounded one and moved to cover it with my sleeve

"It was just a light cut, my lord."

"I asked what happened, not what it was", he retorted. I licked my lips.

"A child... tripped in front of me in the marketplace. I stopped her from falling on some stone tiles but I cut the back of my hand on them.

He reached for the hand and picked it up, inspecting the dressing.

"You're always hurting yourself. Stop wasting your blood."

I wanted to pout. I wasn't that clumsy, I just used to work a lot, I thought.

"Yes, my lord. I will be more careful."

He said nothing, just kept staring at my hand in his. I blinked.

Had I been this tired earlier ? I could barely keep my eyes open, no matter how hard I tried. I felt something cold on my wrist and sluggishly moved my fingers. Wait... why was I even trying to stay awake? A little nap wouldn't hurt...

=====================================
Okay that's all for today!! See you (hopefully) by 18th February 🤗🤗

Have a good day!💜💜💜