"No, agassi. Forgive me for assuming..."

"It's alright. I understand your concern for me and I'm grateful." I turned to retrieve my seuggae chima before walking to the door. "Shall we go?"

The trip was a bit shorter than I was used to. The palace was much farther than just the marketplace after all.

"Agassi! We're here!", Kyungsoon informed me. I nodded, then followed her out of the gama.

I had been in the marketplace before. With Hyeryung before she left.

                                    ***
"Don't you want to get anything, Eun-ah?"

I smiled at her. "No, unnie. I wanted to get something for you before you left", I said, feeling a light blush heat up my cheeks. She said nothing for a while, before simply chuckling.

"I guess I have to get something for you too. So that my dongsaeng doesn't forget me", she replied, turning towards the direction of the shops. I followed her, protesting.

"I would never!", I pouted. She simply smiled.
                                    ***

Patting the norigae at my waist, I smiled lightly and followed Kyungsoon to the bookseller she mentioned.

There was a small cluster of girls around said bookseller, and their clothing clearly indicated that they were palace girls

There were quite a bit of excited squeals and awed gasps being emitted every now and then, and I raised an amused brow. Kyungsoon stepped forward, probably to break up the whole thing, but I stopped her.

Sure enough, there was soon an exchange of coins and literature and the girls quickly dispersed. As the young bookseller put away his newly earned money, we walked up to him.

"Bookseller-ssi!

He promptly looked up to see who had called him and I was briefly taken aback. He was quite... handsome. Pretty would actually be a better word.

  He and I were around the same height, and he had a sweet and charismatic smile that he broke into when he saw Kyungsoon

"Young miss! You're back! Do you want the usual? Or something different this time?", he queried.

  I furrowed my brows. How old was he? He had the voice of a mere boy, not a man. Kyungsoon turned to me, so I smiled and moved to answer myself.

"Actually, I was wondering if I could see the selection of books you may have? I've run out of material and it's getting quite boring at home", I explained. Grinning, he nodded enthusiastically.

"Sure thing, my lady! What type of genre would you like?", he asked, gesturing to his stacks of books.

  A half hour later of selections, bargaining and wrapping up later, our coin purse as well as the bookseller's load were both significantly lighter. After he assured us that he would have more the following week, we took our leave.

  A group of children played along the street, running and giggling. Most of them moved to the side as we passed, but one little girl didn't realize in time. In her haste to get out of my way, she stumbled over her feet and began to fall.

Straight onto a pile of discarded stone tiles.

====================================
Well, well, well. Who do we have here?