Chapter 72

Grim angrily munch on his breakfast in our small circle. He grumbled, "I want to escape this prison as soon as possible..."

"Same," I agreed with a sip.

"I might regret it because the food is absolutely delicious!" Grim swooned as he washed his mouthful with a passion fruit juice.

"Prisoner? I'm not sure what you mean, but feel free to eat as much as you want!" Kalim popped up from behind. He placed a platter of various cheeses and crackers. "Grim, we have some blue cheese today. Eat it with a bunch of crackers!"

Grim shrunk back, "Eh...I think I'm good on crackers..."

"What is this? Come on, don't be shy! Haha!" Kalim giggled as he shoved a handful of crackers down Grim's throat.

"Oh, my goodness alive," I breathed out as I took another sip of tea.

"Kalim don't force Grim to eat so much at once, he might choke," Jamil advised the optimistic prefect as he paced a hand on his shoulder.

Kalim backed off with a smile, "Oopsie. Take your time. There's plenty of food!"

Grim let the crumbs tumble out of his mouth. "That's not the problem..." he said in between munching.

"Today we will be having the left-over ice cream from yesterday for dessert!" Kalim told us.

"Ice cream? For breakfast?" Yuu raised an eyebrow.

"People eat pastries for breakfast, so, like not too far a stretch," I said. Yuu looked over at me while I kept sipping away.

"You can use a big spoon to scoop different kinds of ice cream and eat them at once! I call this the Kalim-style!" Kalim excitedly pulled out multiple spoons.

"A bunch...with a spoon?" Grim fixated on the metallic silverware.

"Yes, yes! You have room for dessert, right? I'll go get some, just wait right here!"

"Kalim, wait! I'll go get it. You sit down here," Jamil stopped the boy in his tracks.

"It's fine, I'm just getting it out of the fridge, right?"

Jamil gently pushed Kalim backed, "Dummy, what kind of servant would I be if I made the master serve on me." He sighed as he lowered his eyelids with hands on his hips. "You need to be more mindful of your status as the heir to the Asim family. Your father would be furious if he found out."

Kalim shook his head with an exasperated smile, "Jamil, you're always so serious. It's fine. We're both classmates at this school together."

Yuu and I sat in the peanut gallery watching the two bicker like a couple. Jamil relented, "Ugh...Fine, then how about you help me carry it out, but I serve the ice cream?"

"It's a deal!" Kalim scrambled to get around the cushions. As Kalim moved, Grim scrambled in the cushions as well. Kalim hummed, "Hm? What's wrong?"

"Ah, no?! It's nothing..." Grim perked up and flashed a smile.

"Alright! Wait here, we'll be right back!" Kalim practically skipped off with Jamil.

When they were gone, Grim let the smile fall. He crossed his arms and looked at us, "I'm starting to get really confused..."

"Yeah, me too," Yuu scratched their head.

"Kalim doesn't seem to listen to anybody, but I don't think that makes him a bad guy," Grim observed.

"Sounds more like a child than a dictator," I put my cup down as I saw Kalim running back. My heart sank as I saw the mist flicker out. "Oh no..."

Mother of Pearl: A Floyd Leech x OC Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें