Chapter 19: Cooked to perfection.

Začít od začátku

Joseph chuckled.

"Count on me. I know about it. I will explain to you. Relax and trust me."

It wasn't reassuring at all.

"So you want camels?" the merchant asked, a few minutes later. "It's up to you, but it's expensive, you know! And there's the maintenance...

- We need five, it's a matter of life or death. I'll trade them for the car, okay?

- What? What generosity!

- Don't exaggerate Mr. Joestar, we just bought it!" Polnareff cried.

"In your opinion, why did I buy this car? It is rather a 4x4 that we would have needed. But they weren't going to accept a check here. And the cash is suspicious. In such a place, the simplest thing is barter! I was about to forget!

- Yes?" the merchant said.

"We're paying enough to have your water supply, don't we? It is the most important thing in the desert.

- Compared to the price of the car, it's nothing. You really are out of the ordinary.

- Let's get ready! Crossing a desert is dangerous! Let's be focused!"

Polnareff approached a camel which breathed out in his face. He had tears in his eyes as the smell was foul. He took his deodorant out of his bag to spray the poor animal.

"That stinks! How are we supposed to ride it, Mr. Joestar? They are three meters high!

- To ride a camel, you must first make it sit down", Joseph replied, pulling on the reins of his camel to try to make it sit down. "Once it is seated, you can climb on it. First you have to... do it... sit down! Hey... Wait a bit! It's going to sit down!"

Joseph was struggling to make his camel sit down but the animal wasn't moving.

"Come on, sit down! Are you going to sit down?! Well, will you obey me?!

- Uh... You've really already done it?" Polnareff asked.

- I saw Lawrence of Arabia and it's super long! Believe me, I know how it's done! Even though I fell asleep watching it twice...

- But... It's a movie! I can't believe it, you've never actually ridden one!"

The camel drooled over Joseph's face as he was still struggling. After a short pause, the time to realize what had just happened, the old man turned to the others, a broad smile on his lips.

"Did you know it could be used as sunscreen?"

He burst out laughing and (Y/N) laughed with him. The other boys weren't laughing at all.

"Wait Mr. Joestar," she said, "let me try.

- Have you seen the movie (Y/N)?

- Haha, no. But I think I understand."

She took an apple out of her bag and showed it to the animal who paid great attention to her. While pulling gently on the halter, she bent down with the fruit and the camel did the same.

"And... There you go!

- Ha! But that's cheating!

- You didn't specify the rules Mr. Joestar!" she exclaimed, laughing.

"It doesn't matter", Jotaro cut them off, taking an apple out of his bag to copy the young woman. "Let's go."

Perched on top of her camel, (Y/N) was feeling particularly powerful. Joseph told them,