Head Massage

Beginne am Anfang

The sudden contact of Ying's gentle fingers on his forehead made him jolt and also made Ying surprised. "Whoah! You scared me there! You could have fallen down!"

"I, uhm, so- rry..." He mumbled, averting his gaze from her. He continued from blushing but Ying continued applying some small amount of oil to his forehead.

She said, "Don't you know? This oil was made by me and Yaya. We tried some herbal plants that Solar had shared to us. The scent still has a raw scent of menthol though, but this is very effective. I'm planning on adding some lavender scent next time. Still, I hope this will help you."

Ying smiled when Fang refused to make eye contact, his eyes still wide and uncomfortable. She leaned a little to move his falling head back to her lap. It was clear that Fang really wanted to get away from her so she muttered quietly, "I'll give you the best head massage as I can. You're the mission leader, anyway." She laughed at her sarcasm but then murmured, "You're always keeping yourself busy to get distracted at something..." Fang could feel her sincere worry just for him so he finally looked at her.

Ying gave him a small grin when he finally met her gaze. She whispered, "Hey, you finally looked at me."

Fang's tense body melted and his heart started thumping erratically. Now that he was the one staring at her, Ying closed her eyes in concentration. However, Fang didn't know that now that his focus is on her, this made Ying a little nervous. He didn't notice her slight shaking fingers because she was so good at massaging his now greasy forehead.

With an absent thought, he reached out to the tip of one of her pigtails and lightly played with it. With the way she acted, she has been keeping an eye for him. Even though because he's just a friend, he couldn't help but be thankful for having someone like her. He now remembered the moments when he would try his best to hide his longing to his brother, she was always there to comfort him. He whispered, "Thank you for always looking after me."

Ying chuckled, her chuckle vibrated around her body which also vibrated to Fang's side. "Someone's gotta look after this lonely Spikehead until he sees his big bro from his long mission."

He chuckled too. "I'm not lonely... I'm just..." He stopped to think about it and then realized that he is. Again, Ying was right.

"We are always looking out for you too, Fang. I may not know what you are thinking but I can tell from your actions that you're hopeful for your brother's return. So cheer up! I know you and Kaizo are looking under the same sky. I know that he's also thinking of you as much as you think of him, too."

Fang surprisingly didn't feel the urge to cry, but for an unusual reason, he felt blissful at the moment.

The way how Ying now gently massaged his head and play with his hair, how the calm beating of her heart also harmonized his.

Was she using her powers to slow down time? How could a gentle moment like this be shared and be understood with just a long moment of silent glances between them?

Could this be the power of friendship? Or to Fang, it's more?

A girl who's always bickering with him but is also looking out for him... could make a fine wife someday.

Ying decided to talk about random things, hoping to distract her growing shyness from his focus. She didn't think about the amount of stares she'll get from him. The unusual soft and warm stares are something that make her stomach go fuzzy, her cheeks and ears heating in embarrassment.

"How- How do you think about the way I give a massage? I learnt this from Yaya. She said that her mother taught her quite some of the techniques. Unfortunately, I still haven't practiced them though. And- And- did I already said about how Solar taught us to make this oil? Yaya and I picked the best herbs which can lessen muscle pain."

Fang smiled at her stiff expression, her mouth quivering in excitement, probably as she continued talking about the things that makes her happy. A moment had passed and she started getting comfortable with his gazes and asked him about the things that made him happy recently. It wasn't a one-sided conversation, but if one could see them on that position, would be like both of them are in their own world.

Pretty soon, Fang surprised Ying with his sudden gentle actions is his forte, for he nuzzled his head near her like a cat asking for more quiet and loving petting. He appeared irresistible to her that she gave him more gentle head massage until he fell asleep, his glasses tilting. Ying quietly removed his glasses and now continued playing with his raven hair. This action had induced more relaxation for both him and her and after quite some time, she also had fallen asleep looking at Fang's handsome face and hearing his soft snores. She's finally proud that his frown has finally changed to a peaceful look.

Ying adjusted her glasses and is now unconsciously patting his head lightly.

Ying's head rested on the headboard of the couch, this time her glasses now tilting. Her left hand once had rested on his head, but Fang had gotten up to check her sleeping expression. He smiled when he realised that his glasses were on the table.

With a quiet action, he discreetly stole a light peck on her hands, which still has a scent of the oil she had applied. He smelled and gave them another light peck again. He guided her hands on each of his flushing cheeks, and then giving another light peck on them for the third time. Still gazing at her sleeping expression, he smiled at the thought which he's been having lately.

She'll make a very fine wife.

And he won't let her slip away that easily nor hand her over to other pathetic guys.

--------
You must be thirsty.
Here, drink some of the liniment which Ying had made. 🍼🍼🍼
*aggressive  glug glug glug noises*