𝘵𝘦𝘯.𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳-𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘩 𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘴.

A/N: Hello, readers! We only have one more chapter left of season one! Finally! Enjoy!

edited on february 23rd, 2022 @ 2:28am

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

CHAPTER TEN - INTER-HIGH QUARTERFINALS

THE SOUND OF THE WHISTLE WAS HEARD, signaling the end of the practice match. "Game over! 82 to 91, Shutoku!" The referee announced as both teams bowed.

"Thank you!"

Daigo was out of breath as he followed the rest of his teammates off the court. The team soon gathered outside as they were staring at buckets of ice.

"What is this?" Kuroko questioned.

"It's my special icing technique. It's great for sore muscles and fatigue." Riko replied as everyone stood in the buckets of ice.

"That's cold!"

"We ended up losing all our games."

"Have we gotten worse?" Koganei wondered out loud.

"Not at all. You've definitely grown." Kiyoshi replied. "Have some more confidence. We're strong!"

Furihata, Fukuda, and Kawanara all dead panned at Kiyoshi.

"He can't do it... This guy can never do it."

"He looks so stupid."

It was dark out as Daigo was outside with Kuroko. Daigo then turned, spotting Takao behind a bush.

"Hello." Kuroko greeted.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Takao questioned.

"Shouldn't we be asking you that? The hell you hiding behind a bush for? Creep." Daigo insulted as Takao yelped.

"It's almost time for dinner, so I came to get Kagami-kun." Kuroko answered Takao's question.

"It's that time already?" Takao began standing up. "I guess I should..."

Takao's eyes suddenly widened as he grabbed Kuroko's head and Daigo's wrist. "Duck!" He warned.

Daigo saw Midorima and Kagami both giving each other irked expressions. "Keep quiet." Takao told Kuroko as his hand was placed over his mouth. "This looks like it's about to get interesting."

"I haven't said anything." Kuroko said bluntly.

The basketball hoop was then placed back up. "What do you want?" Kagami asked.

"Nothing. I simply went to buy something to drink." Midorima answered.

"A drink?" Kagami repeated, looking at the can that was labeled 'Red Bean Soup' on it. "I'm surprised you can drink that during the summer."

"It's cold, you fool." Midorima countered.

Takao was trying to surpress his chuckles, but failing miserably. "That's not what I'm talking about!" Kagami exclaimed in irritation.

"I have lost faith in you." Midorima said.

"Where did that come from?" Kagami questioned.

"Before losing to me, you were destroyed by Aomine." Midorima replied.

"I'll win next time! It won't always be that way!" Kagami claimed.

Midorima glanced up at the hoop, seeing Kagami's handprint as he let out a chuckle. "Don't tell me you believe you can fight him in the air." Midorima stated. "Is jumping all you think about, fool?"