one

You'll never understand the purpose of humans, and you'll never understand their creation.

Were we simply created to be killed off later? Are we being experimented on— tested on without a single bit of knowledge of that? Was real life simply a stimulation of some sorts, and once you die in this "world", you wake up into the actual real one? Why would the gods create a precious, interesting creature like a human, just to make death a thing and have us suffer from such a saddening topic? Your mind pondered and pondered on such thoughts all the time.

"Another attempt unsuccessful,"

You hum sadly to yourself as you pop your head up out of the water. Your body floats above it's beautiful waves, and from where you float, you can see the great and beautiful city of freedom— Mondstadt. You, yourself, are not a Mondstadian. As a matter of fact, you aren't quite sure where you're from at all, but you surely can remember your grime past.

Your body was wrapped in the soft cloth of badages. From your upper neck, stopping to the beginning of your wrists and toes. All of your past — your grievance, your depression, your sadness and anger — it all hides beneath these very, white cloths.

"Hey! Are you alright?!"

Your mind drifts, and you turn your head to see a boy— oh, a pretty boy at that, with a flying pet of his own. It's little arms wave at you, and you're astounded at seeing such a thing. Your sand-colored trench-coat is drenched, and so are your pants and shoes and everything else.

Your short (H/c) colored hair drips water down your skin, making it tingle. Your eyes widen in excitement as the boy jumps into the water. Is he trying to swim to you? Is he trying to save you? You grin.

"Oh— please, help me!" You dramatically wail. You allow yourself to fall back to add comedic affect, and you hold back a cheeky wide-toothed smirk when you feel the back of your coat being grasped.

You keep your eyes shut, hand over your heart. "Let's get her back to shore, Paimon," You're stunned to hear the creature slash pet thing react and speak. You didn't think it could speak, but what more could it do? You couldn't wait to find out.

The boy, to your surprise again, hauls you just above him, and he places you gently on the smooth yet rocky surface of the ground.

"She's not conscious...?"

"AGHH!! PAIMON THINKS SHE DIED!!"

You bite back your chuckles, and with shaky movements, you will your body to begin moving as if you are a zombie. They both flinch at your actions. You do nothing but stare eye-wide at the vast area around you, and then, you slowly turn your stunning gaze to them.

You're pleased to see them both react to your, obvious, faking. The pet rushes to hide behind the boy, and he quickly takes out his sword to protect them both. You couldn't hold it any further, and you release a loud snort as a laugh left your chest. They both blink at you, and you move your wet bangs out of your face gently.

"Ahaha! You're both lucky this time was an absolute failure!" They both can only watch with stunned expressions as you smile slyly. "Otherwise, we really would have had some problems." You slowly begin to stand, and they both move back to give you some room.

You stand a few inches taller than him, and your neck cranes as you pop your joints. Your long arm comes up to pat the water off of you, and you release a content sigh. You, once again, crane your neck to look down at them both.

"I should apologize. You see, you just so happened to walk into one of my sessions of trying to commit a clean and smooth suicide. You guys aren't the ones at fault here, so. I guess I can let you both go on this one." The pet seemed to pale at your words, and it seemed like the blonde does as well.

You become intrigued with such a reaction, and blink. "Hm? Is something the matter?" You watch in amusement as the pet splutters around. "Y- You.. You tried to kill yourself?! Paimon's... Paimon's never herd of someone trying to...!" Your eyebrows crinkle into that of a furrow, and your distaste for her wording settles onto your face.

"It's must better to say I was trying to commit suicide, you know?"

"That's not Paimon's point!!"

You simply shrug with a smile full of mystery to them both. "Is that so?" You then turn your gaze to the stunned blonde, who's expression falters upon realizing you're staring.

"So. Tell me, what's your name?"

The blonde seems hesitant to tell you, and you internally smirk. You wonder why that is. "My name is Aether." He informs you, and your eyes suddenly begin to sparkle. You close in on him, and he's flinching when you grasp his gloved hand. You shake them rapidly.

"So you're the so called traveler I've been hearing about! Oh, it is so wonder to meet you!"

They watch with confused and startled expressions as your body wiggles in a way they've never seen before, and you're going on about how Aether's success around the world has been spreading through different tales being told by many people. You then stop, and your suddenly interested gaze lands on Paimon.

You place two fingers underneath your chin to form a check mark, and your eyes glitter. "Is this thing your pet? Interesting indeed!!" You ignore her cry of anger at your assuming, and you then turn around to gaze into the sun.

Was this meeting going to, perhaps, be purposeful soon in life? Was meeting this world's hero going to benefit you, ever? Why would fate will for you to meet such a being at a time like this, and during one of your attempts to commit suicide? You could feel the excitement and wonder course through your veins, your body— your entire being. You couldn't wait to see where this meeting would take you, and you hoped the journey would be worth the while.

Aether's hands come up to his forehead as the wind suddenly blows harder than usual, and the sun's gleam down on them grows brighter. His braid flows quickly into the air.

"It's a pleasure to meet you,"

His eyes widened when he saw your figure standing just beside that glow. Your short hair blew gently into the wind like his, your trench coat fluttered and fluttered about, and bandages that are wrapped tightly around your forearm are revealed to him and Paimon. Your face is contorted into one that's full of soft, tenderness, and a smile is placed on your lips. Your skin glows alike.

"My new friend."

—————————————————
soar.

—————————————————

—————————————————