13

DIALOGUE

HEARTLAKE UNIVERSITY — LITERARY MAGAZINE CLUB'S ROOM
10:52 AM

Stella immediately stood up from her seat when one of the Literary Magazine Club members called for her. With shaking hands, she took a deep breath first before making her way inside the club room (office).

Stella had been preparing for this moment. She even listed some possible questions that'll be thrown on her later in advance. She's been practising her composure so that she could deliver the interview smoothly. But despite those advance preparations, Stella could still feel the pressure under her feet.

The member of the club who called for her opened the club room's door wide for her to enter. And the first thing Stella's eyes landed on are the trophies and certificates placed on the other side of the room. From the looks of it, Stella concluded that these awards are for the whole club itself.

Stella blinks her eyes multiple times when one of the members gets her attention. Because of the admiration she felt for the achievements of the entire club, she did not notice that she had been staring at its awards for a long time. Stella smiled at the student awkwardly before walking towards the table which is at the other end of the room facing the door's room.

Stella was about to introduce herself but stopped midway when a pair of the same eyes that made her feel something she didn't feel before locked eyes with her. And at that very moment, Stella didn't know what to do. It's like her thoughts became blank and she didn't think of anything but the fast heartbeat of her heart.

But her daydreaming didn't take long when someone cleared his throat to get her attention.

CLUB PRESIDENT:
Excuse me, Miss. But would you like to take a sit first?

STELLA:
Oh . . . Um . . . Yeah . . . Thank you.

The club president smirked as he watched the lady in front of him occupy the vacant seat across from him. From her complexion, he can tell that she's nervous. He waited for her to settle down comfortably before speaking again.

CLUB PRESIDENT:
How do you feel?

STELLA:
I-I'm fine . . . Thank you.

The club president nodded before asking again.

CLUB PRESIDENT:
May I know your name, year level, and course?

Stella slightly nodded before giving her answer.

STELLA:
I'm Stella Riley Romero, 1st year college, and currently taking Bachelor of Arts in Journalism.

The way Stella introduced herself, it's as if she wasn't nervous at all. She presented herself calmly and professionally that it seems like a mistake to think that she's been anxious earlier.

CLUB PRESIDENT:
Nice to meet you, Stella. I'm Lucian David Fortier, the president of this club.

Upon knowing the club president's name, especially his surname, Stella already assumed the reason why those girls outside are too desperate to be accepted in this club. He's not just handsome and smart but he also came from a humble family — the Fortier's. Their family was known as one of the richest families in the whole Asia. They excel in every aspect, especially in business industries.

Lucian deeply stared at the nervous Stella who's been shifting her eyes from somewhere else. He doesn't know what's gotten into him, but one thing is for sure, he finds it amusing everytime the woman in front of him tries so hard to avoid his gaze. Cute. He thought.

LUCIAN:
So, Miss Stella, are you ready to answer some of my questions?

STELLA:
Uhm . .b. Y-Yes po . . .

Stella took a deep breath to ready herself. She don't want to mess this up, especially since this is her only chance to get a scholarship as easily as possible. Being part of one of the school clubs have a more advantage to be part of their school's scholarships.

LUCIAN:
First, why should we accept you in our club?

After digesting the question, Stella once again took a deep breath, calming herself.

STELLA:
Because I can do everything I can to excel on this platform. I have many words to write and a voice to share with everyone. I'm not afraid to tell my truth, and also not afraid to open the eyes of those who kept choosing to keep a blind eye . . . I am no one, but a woman of words.

Questions after questions have been thrown to Stella which the latter answered with confidence as if she wasn't shaking in nervousness earlier.