03: 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦

Start from the beginning

"This is one crazy coincidence." You muttered.

"Ya can say that again." Osamu replied.

"Okay but I'm pretty sure I've mentioned ya before in front of Suna." Atsumu interjected, eyebrows furrowing thoughtfully, "There's even a picture of us three together on my Instagram and Suna is always on his phone."

"Is that so? When we met this morning, I didn't think I'd ever see him again so I didn't bother exchanging personal details."

"If ya watched our volleyball games ya would have recognised him. Do ya even support us?!" Atsumu pouted, punching the lift's down-button.

"Hey! I only watch the two of you okay. And your entire team moves too fast on the court, I can't exactly keep up with who's who." You said, "Though, I do remember your 2nd-year captain. He's a fine-looking man so maybe you should introduce me to him instead."

The twins scoffed in sync.

"First of all, ya ain't Kita-san's type."

You shot Atsumu a feigned offended look, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Whatever ya think it means." He jeered back vaguely, finding great entertainment as your eyes narrowed into slits at his smirk.

"You'd probably be terrified if ya ever met Kita-san." Osamu stated right after, shifting the focus of the subject as he shivered at the thought of his silver-haired captain that you heard was a very strict and blunt person.

"He's studying Agriculture here. Ya probably will see him around."

The blond nodded at his brother's words, "And Suna plenty now too."

You resisted an apprehensive sigh at the mention of their stoic friend again, giving Suna's door one last look before stepping into the elevator with the twins.

The memory of the bet between you and him returned to the forefront, making you chew on the inner lining of your cheek as you watched the floor numbers descend on the elevator's display screen.

Discovering that he was now your year-long neighbour certainly put an unusual overlay on things—you were admittedly curious on what was about to come. When paired with the semester-long Economics class the both of you shared, you had a gnawing feeling today was not going to be the last of your interactions.

The lecture conversation with Suna rewound in your head.

Falling in love? You were interested in that, but not within the scope of a silly bet made between strangers. Who did Suna even think he was to propose such an outrageous idea? And what on Earth was going through your sleep-derived brain when you competitively accepted?

Whatever. He had probably long forgotten about the bet anyways. After all, Atsumu said he was a volleyball player and a musician on top of being a full-time university student. The brunette had too many commitments to follow up on your tally-mark agreement, much too busy to actually go as far as to introduce you to his "single friends" like he proposed.

(Though if his single friends were as hot as him...)

But you cast the thought of Suna Rintarou away, returning to the pressing issue of deciding where to eat before the twins resumed their argument over Coco-Curry and steak.

(But how terribly naïve you were to Suna Rintarou's hunger for entertainment. Because as he listened to you and the twins walk away from inside his room, he slid his bracelets off with a low, entertained chuckle.

"L/N Y/N. I admit, you are far more interesting in person.")

")