CHAPTER 3

Author's Note:

Spotify song list for this chapter:

1. Parov Stelar- The Sun

2. K.Flay- Blood in the Cut

3. Pusher- Clear- Shawn Wasabi Remix

4. Klaus Veen- Poison

Warnings:

cursing, depression, manipulation

___

Ivy's POV

„So, what do you think? Should I accept this contract?" I looked up at Minnie.

Since I came back to the office and told her about Rachel and her team's offer an hour passed by.

I passed Minnie the document with the deal from The Avengers PR team. She went through the file and stopped at the payment section with her mouth wide open, at which I smirked. After her initial shock she read the rest of the contract and sat on the couch, placed the chin on her hand, looking up at me. She stayed in this position for at least 10 minutes. I knew that she was thinking very hard, considering all the pros and cons.

"Minnie, talk to me, please. What are we thinking?" I slightly put pressure on my question.

"Hold on, I'm still thinking..." she stated quietly, going through the contract again.

I sighed and walked to the kitchen, grabbed two bottles of water and looked through the snack cabinet for some definitely unhealthy thing to bite on. Finding only some plain ass wheat and oat based bars, I walked back to the couch disappointed and sat beside Minnie, passing her the bottle and a bar. I leant back on the couch and nibbled on the bar, waiting with anticipation for Minnie's opinion.

"Ok, I can't take it anymore." After another 10 minutes I stated with irritation in my voice.

"I can see you've already made your opinion on this and now you're just teasing me."

"Fine, girl, chill out." she laughed. "I think... I think you should sign it, it's a good contract."

"You think so?" I looked at her, searching for assurance in her eyes.

"Yes, I think it's a big opportunity for you. You'll be stupid if you'll decline it. This is a big chance for your career, really. It would open so many doors for you."

"I thought about it too, you know? But I'm not gonna lie, I was kinda scared for a moment in this meeting, because Rachel stated this proposition in a way I thought she was referring to... you know... my past."

"Did she really?" Minnie's eyes widened a bit.

"Yes, I was shocked and literally froze for a second. I don't know what I would said or did, you know? It definitely took me by surprise. But now I know it was only my mind, playing tricks on me. I've been so cautious about my past and I think all the stress it's starting to get to me." I sighed heavily.

"It's been over 9 years, babes..." Minnie scooted over to me and grabbed my hand, squeezing it tightly.

"I know, but it still sometimes hurts like it was yesterday..." tears appearing in my eyes.

Minnie was the only person, who knew about my whole life. About my past- about my spy training, my fighting abilities, my parent's true identity, about Vivienne. About the accident. She knew everything. Although, she found out about it after almost 3 years of our friendship- that long it took me to share with her about the story of my life. It's not that I didn't trust her- I did, I trusted her with my whole life. I didn't trust myself. I had a feeling that someday something will happen and everything will go shit. Also, I was telling myself I can't put such a big secret on her. I couldn't put her in any potential risk. From the beginning of our friendship Minnie knew that I was keeping some parts of my past to myself and she was kind enough not to push me. She waited patiently.