the argument

It was now December. Sonya and Jupiter got married. Their grandmother wanted to be there so they had a secret wedding in their house, with just the grandmother and the priest. The grandmother was currently going through some heart problems so she was trying to get things done before her time on earth was completed.

One of them was seeing their grandchild get married. They both weren't one-hundred percent on board but it was getting out of hand the number of people that hit on the two of them so they obliged. But they both don't regret it and were glad that Jupiter's grandmother made them do it.

Yelena had texted Sonya about Natasha in November. Specifically, who killed her. Sonya didn't believe that though. Clint had called her and told her himself, and she also knew that Natasha and Clint were best friends. Sonya had a hard time liking or believing Valentina but she was Yelena's new boss.

Currently, Sonya was waiting for Jupiter to come home. They had just gotten a job to work alongside Bruce Banner, so they were excited, to say the least. Sonya had just finished working for the day and slowly went to her kitchen to get some water.

"Sonya, get ready!" She heard Yelena from outside the door. Sonya scrunched her nose in confusion before she heard the front door open. Yelena, dressed in her widow outfit.

Sonya watched as Yelena tossed her costume for her to grab but she didn't. She couldn't.

"No," Sonya stated. You could tell the fear in her voice. Yelena just looked at her confused.

"What do you mean, we're going to avenge Natasha," Yelena explained to her but Sonya just shook her head and turned away, her hands laying on the table.

"I can't do it," she mumbled, mostly to herself.

"What?" Yelena asked confused.

"I can't do it," Sonya repeated. That only pissed Yelena off more.

"Why?"

"Why? What do you mean why? I have a normal life now. I left that behind me," Sonya replied as if it was obvious.

"You did. But what about Natasha? She doesn't deserve to be killed like that," Yelena scoffed.

"What if she wasn't killed? What if Valentina is feeding you lies?" Sonya snapped.

"Then how is she dead?" Yelena snapped back.

"Maybe she sacrificed herself. Like Stark," Sonya reasoned angrily.

"Natasha wouldn't do that without saying goodbye," Yelena reasoned.

"You were gone! How could she have said goodbye!" Sonya practically cried at her.

"I-" Yelena tried to say but sonya grabbed her shoulder to quiet her.

"No. Natasha's gone. You need to accept that. The avengers did, Rick did, Melina and Alexei did, I did And I'm horrible with mourning." Sonya took a deep breath, "I know it's hard, but I promise you, it'll get better. It's your turn now." Sonya declared as she went to get her water.

Yelena shook her head. She was gone. She thought Sonya thought she was too good to do it. She thought she didn't care about Natasha when it was the exact opposite.

Yelena didn't know if it was the vodka or her talking but she felt pissed at her sister.

"I wish you had died instead of Natasha," Yelena muttered without realizing Sonya hadn't stormed off. Sonya's feelings had mixed and she was in a current state of anger and sadness.

"And I wish I hadn't heard that," Sonya whispered just enough so Yelena could hear. Yelena turned but Sonya was ready for her to go.

"You need to leave," Sonya spoke bitterly, offended that someone she cared about obviously wasn't giving two shits about her feelings. Yelena didn't budge trying to apologize but the words never really formed a sentence.