Gladitorial Arenas

The weequay was impressed at how easily they dealt with the droids. It honestly frightened him a little. If they could deal with assassin droids that easily, then there was no doubt they could deal with bounty hunters easily. But he wanted to make sure they were actually competent or if they were just lucky.

"I see your point," he said, "but here's the problem: I can't remove the bounties even if I wanted to. Only the person who posted the bounty can remove it."

"Dammit," Bakugo said, "does that mean we have to just stay on the run?"

"Not entirely. I can just not give the pucks out. But, I want to see just how good you may be."

"So you want to test our skill?" Utsushimi asked, "Like, the droids weren't enough?"

"Well, it may have been luck."

"YOU SAYING WE'RE INCOMPETENT, YOU BASTARD?!?" Bakugo screamed, launching himself straight at the weequay, holding his hand up to his face.

"No, but there is one way for you to fully prove how strong you are," the weequay tapped a button on his desk and a projection of Tatooine with a blinking dot on it, "this is an arena that I run. There's a special challenge that no bounty hunter has cleared. If you can last longer than the lower fifteen, then I'll suspend all bounties on you and your companions."

"If that's all," Bakugo said, "then fine by me."

The weequay gave them a pair of bounty pucks. They exited the building and saw a speeder bike that an astromech was standing next to.

"Droid," Bakugo said, "does this thing belong to anyone?"

The astromech beeped a reply.

"Owned by the guild, huh?" he tossed a few credits to the droid, "We're gonna borrow it for a while."

The droid caught the credits and put them away. It then rolled away as Bakugo got into the seat and grabbed the controls. He nodded his head for Utsushimi to get on behind him. She did and wrapped her arms around him from behind.

"Can you even drive this thing?" Utsushimi asked.

"I've been taking pretty much everything by ear," Bakugo said, "I'm guessing it's not much different from a motorcycle."

He tapped a couple buttons, which brought the speeder to life. He tried to rev the speeder to get it going, only for its engine to whine. He stopped revving, and pulled down on the handles just a little. He slowly began going forward. He let up, and it slowly went backwards. He brought the left up and right down and it turned right. He brought the right up and the left down and it turned left.

"I got it," he said.

He saw a port for a bounty puck that he plugged into it. A hologram of the planet appeared with two markers, one red, their target destination, and one blue, them. Bakugo leaned forward, brought the handles down, and they rocketed forward. They quickly got out of Mos Eisley sped on to the destination. Only half an hour later, they were there. A large sandstone building with a caged dome on top. They heard cheering surges from inside. They entered and presented their pucks to the person who took credits.

"Oh," the person said, "you're the ones who're taking the tournament run?"

"The what?" Utsushimi asked.

"Guards," the person ignored her, "get them to the gladiator's preparation area."

"What did you mean by tournament?" Utsushimi asked again.

"What names are you going to be registered as?"

"The Explosion Murder God Dynamight," Bakugo said, "and Illusions."