Chapter 10- Back In Beruna

Start from the beginning

  "Are you proud of me?" He danced around, a fire torch in hand. "Are you?"

  "Very." Smiled James, affirmingly.

     On the walls, were paintings. However, the events were those that the Pevensie's had lived through. It was their first life, this was their second. Even the meeting of James and the fox was there. How could they have known?

     "It's us." Susan confirmed as they stared at the stone. It was silent, a light breeze caused the only noise.

  Lucy questioned, airily. "What is this place?"

  "You don't know?" Caspian said, confused. He must've forgotten that they'd not been in Narnia for quite some time.

     The Prince took a torch from the walls, and stepped further into the tunnel. However, as James went to follow, he saw the other wall. Opposite where they'd been looking, a drawing of a small faun with a red scarf. He was in the snow, beneath a lamppost.

    Mr Tumnus.

    "James?" Edmund called, moving backwards to see his brother. "Are you alright? You look like you've been crying."

  "Do I?" The blonde wiped his eyes, joining his brother down the tunnel. "Oh."

  "Is it too much for you?"

  "A little."

    It was true. James couldn't help it. Being back in Narnia was all so much, and seeing things so broken, the time having passed was too much. This has been home for longer than England, and sometimes, they forgot it. But James never did. He couldn't.

     When James and Edmund arrived in the large room, Caspian was lighting a fire pit around the walls. It illuminates the world, and soon, they knew where they were. James had felt it, somewhere inside of him. A type of magic, begging for mercy.

     In the centre of the stone floor, cracked and broken, as if it were yesterday- was Aslan's table. The place Lucy and Susan had gone to before the Battle of Beruna. It was before James' sins had come to light.

  "Oh my God." The words left the High Kings lips before he'd the time to think it over.

  There was more silence as flames crackled. It seemed that no one knew what to say, not really, but it was a difficult thing to work out. How do you reply to such a room, a place with such history?

    Swiftly, James had decided that you cannot.

     There is no way to judge both room or situation in the way that most people thought to. After all, most people did not have access to Narnia. Most people did not love it the way that they did.

    It seemed that there was only one way to break the silence. One way, or, one person.

  "Fucking hell." Alfie gasped. James wouldn't ever know why it took so long for him to say anything, but the blonde was glad that he did. A small grin arose on his face: there was no one quite like Alfie Gallagher.

  "Don't say that." Harvey warned, being cautious of the Pevensie's. James seemed to be fragile. He'd never want to hurt anyone. "Isn't this a sacred place?"

  There wasn't an answer as Lucy stepped forwards, towards the table. Her fingers traced the engravings, the writing enticing her. "He must know what he's doing."

  James was next to reply, but only when he saw the gold mould of Aslan on the wall. Momentarily, he was mesmerised. "Of course he knows."

  Lucy looked Peter's way, almost seeking approval. "I think it's up to us now." Peter stated, strongly.

  James rolled his eyes as that was all he could do with Peter anymore. "Of course you do."

•  -  -  •
1192
•  -  -  •

Disclaimer!!!!
I don't own anything to do with the Narnia book series or film trilogy. These predominantly belong to C.S. Lewis. However, I do own James Pevensie, Alfie and Harvey Gallagher, and their respective alterations to the storyline.