Chapter 1: A Rainy Start.

Even the start of the day was crappy
I wake up to discover how late it was. I was on spring break and all but 12:00 am was much too late to get up. I sigh and trot to my window. Very much to my disappointment, it was raining. I suppose I can still go to coffee shop though.
So I dial Bonita's number and tell her to invite some of our friends, then I start to get ready. Yea I'm sort of slow at getting ready. It's a pain in the ass when you're halve Horse. My hair is always so frizzy in the morning. I try to calm it
. I spray my hair with some non-frizz stuff, which calms it. I sigh at my now finished appearance. By the time I'm ready it's about 2:00 so it's time to go.
•__________•

I walk into town with the umbrella over my head. It's so dreary out. Too dreary for spring time at least.
I turn the corner just as I see a very strange figure. Unlike anything I've ever seen before. It's quite creepy. I probably shouldn't of gone after it but I'm curious so of course I had to. I start to creep towards it.
"BOO!"
"Operetta?" I turn around. "Shush!" I whisper-yell as I point to the figure."
We go closer to it, finding it odd how the shadows are still hiding it. Operetta immediately turns to a ghost form and hides in the wall till she can see his face. I can tell something isn't right immediately.
She goes closer and I see a flash of red. Everything goes blank until I hear a harmony of breaking windows and Operettas piercing voice.
"AVEA! RUN, FLY!"

I run like I've never ran before. I know something is terribly wrong. I have no idea where I'm going so I go straight into the coffee shop, falling into Bonita.
She looks extremely confused.