Chapter 2: The Proposal

General POV

It has been a few months since Kellys scare and it was Kellys and Stella's one year anniversary. Kelly and Stella was off shift for the next two days. Kelly had a special day planned.

Kelly woke up and saw Stella peacefully sleeping in bed. Kelly was so excited it was their one year anniversary. Stella woke up to Kelly looking at her with his ocean blue eyes.

Stella: How long have you been staring at me and happy one year anniversary. She said with a smile.

Kelly: Not very long and happy one year anniversary to you too. Pack your bags Stel we are going to the cabin for the next two days.

Stella: We are! I love that place.

Kelly: I know that's why I wanted to go there for our one year.

They got to the cabin around noon. They unpacked all of their stuff. After a few hours Stella went to the store. Kelly new this was the perfect time to set up the engagement. He got red and white flowers and put a heart with many me in the middle. He also put rose petals in a path leading to the bedroom. He then got dressed up in a suit and put a black dress by the front door. When Stella got home she saw the rose petals on the floor and was confused.

Kelly: Put this on and then follow the path of rose petals.

Stella: I like this

Kelly smiled

When Stella was all dressed up Kelly followed Stella. When Stella saw what was on the bed she started to get tears in her eyes.

Kelly: You are the most beautiful thing in this world. You picked me off my feet and made me a better person. You make my world spin. I am the luckiest man in Chicago. Will you marry me?

Kelly got on one knee. Stella had tears in her eyes.

Stella: Yes! I will marry you any day.

Kelly smiled and put the ring on her left ring finger. That night Kelly made steak dinner for Stella. After dinner they cuddled up on the couch and fell asleep.