fingers crossed

"I want you to get out." I whispered, as I looked across at Bucky. "Baby, please- I promise it didn't mean a thing. It wasn't what it looked like." I shake my head, "I fucking trusted you, Buck. I did. And you kissed her? What fucking for?" He took a breath. "It wasn't what it looked like, y/n." I grab his jacket, "Get out. Don't you dare come back." His eyes filled with hurt, "I didn't kiss her, y/n. She kissed me." I take a breath, "Go." He nodded, before he left my apartment. I felt the tears in my eyes, as I sat next to the window. I never told him that I loved him, I was so excited to tell him finally and now I didn't know what to do. I curl up, as I watch outside the window. "Fuck." I whispered, as I stand up and I leave, heading toward the compound to see Tony. I let myself in, as Steve and Bucky sat on the couch, talking. "Oh, well this is fucking brilliant." I looked away, as Steve looked at me. "Y/n, Bucky's right. She kissed him, I saw it happen myself. So did Tony. We were all there." I frowned, as I look back at Bucky. "I love you, y/n. I wouldn't ever do anything to hurt you. I swear." I sighed angrily, as I now felt bad for the way I'd treated him. "I'm such an idiot." He came over to me. "Doll, I know it looked bad. I promise, I didn't kiss her." I was relieved in a way that he hadn't done it, but I felt awful for throwing him out without getting the full story. "I'm so sorry, Bucky." He shook his head, hugging me tightly. "Don't be."

I wrap my arms around his back, as he kissed my forehead. "I love you, Bucky." He smiled down at me, as he held me even closer. "I love you." He whispered, I peck his lips as he hugged me tighter. "Do you want to stay at my place tonight?" He asked, "Yeah, I'd like that." He leaned into my shoulder as I shut my eyes, just feeling his body against mine made me feel secure. "I'm going to hang with Steve. I'll see you tonight." I nodded, as I smiled. "Okay, baby." He pecked my lips, as I let go of him and I went back down to the elevator. As I head back down the street, I felt very cold. I slowly turn around, "Loki?" He smirked at me. "Hello, darling." I froze, as he slowly walked toward me. "What are you doing back?" He towered over me, as I glared. "I thought I'd come and see my favourite human." I scoffed. "Stay away from me and this planet, Loki." He chuckled, "Why would I want to do that? And oh my, what I'd do to watch the life drain from your body as I stand over you, watching my hard work pay off." My body went cold, as he smiled at me. I felt like I could barely breathe. "I really wouldn't try that with me." He cocked his head, "Why not?" He went to touch me, as I burn him with my hands. He flinched, "Oh, you bitch." I backed up, "Don't mess with someone who can play with fire." My eyes glow red, as a warning. "I'm going to enjoy watching you suffer." I turn and walk away from him, angry that I let him get to me. I turn the corner, feeling hurt.

Later that evening, I went over to Bucky's apartment and I sat on the couch. "Are you okay, sweetheart?" I look at him, "Loki. He gave me a warning." He frowned, "He's back?" I nodded. "Since when?" I shrugged, "I don't know. But he threatened me, so I burned him." He smirked, "That's my girl." I look down, "Baby, what is it?" I shake my head, "Nothing." He sat beside me, "Tell me." I look at him, "He scared me, Bucky. He scared me to death. I was terrified." He wrapped his arms around my waist. "I won't let anyone hurt you, doll. I'll protect you." I nodded, as I kiss his cheek. "I love you, Bucky." He smiled, "I love you more, baby."