Chapter 5 : The "Squire" in Shining Armor

Start from the beginning

"And you must be the esteemed, Tatsumaki Yami... It's a pleasure to work with you." I went over and shook hands with the child star.

The sensation of his hands felt smooth, and it was far different from that of Chisato's.

I'm not saying that I am not comfortable but, it just has a different feeling when it's someone you just encountered today.

"Right!" He stated in a professional manner, and smile on his face.

"Yosh~! Let's get on with the meeting then!" Maya then called to us, and with that we formally started the club meeting regarding the performance.

The meeting continued on, with all of us in the cast seemingly giving our insights regarding the story and how we were going to portray each one.

Maya was enthusiastically sharing her ideas, and as for Yami...

...

Let's say his mind was... somewhere else. He seems to have a grasp of what we're all doing, but he seems to be focused on something else, he doesn't even seem to be paying attention to anything Maya was saying at this point.

But every time he was called, it was as if he knew the whole thing that was going on.

He was a pro, after all... I guess that's how things go for them...

But Chisato's nothing like him. I don't recall her being so absentminded like this man.

Either way, we still need to go along with what's happening, this is particular play has a special place in my heart after all.

However this one was on a whole different level, as I would be working with an actual boy, a gender and genre who's far different from ours in the past. 

"We shall give you the finalized scripts within the week, so that you can all rehearse your lines and be ready when the actual rehearsals come to pass." Maya ended on that note.

"Speaking of which... while we're all waiting on the scripts, Kaoru-san, why don't you practice your chemistry with Yami-san...?" Maya then turned to the two of us.

"Hmm?" Yami then turned to look up as well, the statement catching his attention.

"Chemistry... Huh..."

That would be a good way to start, but to be honest, I don't know how to approach this man. It's far different from the world I used to live on, but if it's for the good of the play, I'd have to play along with it.

But to find the time to practice with him... That would be quite hard.

He's a celebrity, and at this point, he might have a ton of projects in line for him in the spotlight, and a possible appointment with him could clash with all of those. Just as I expected, this is harder than I thought-

"Say, Seta-san... isn't it?" The man turned to me and asked.

"Are you free this weekend?"

"Ah, I'm most certainly free at that time~..." I replied with a small smile.

"Alright, let's meet up at the mall at 12 in the afternoon~!" He smiled as well, and took my contact details.

And without anything else, the man stood up and walked towards the door, making his way out. But before he left, he turned back to me with a small smile, and waved his hands.

"I expect you to come, Seta-san." He bid his farewell, and left the drama club room. 

"Looks like you got yourself a date, Kaoru-san..." Maya said as we sat down by the desk, seemingly continuing to talk about more stuff regarding the play.