Chapter 25 - Mangoes

As soon as they reached home, Anand pulled Abhimanyu aside to discuss a patient's file.  Akshu went to Manjiri and Mahima who both gave her the biggest hug.

"Tumhari Badi Maa ka phone aaya tha. Hume toh pehle se shak tha magar now....oh I'm so happy!" Manjiri said not letting Akshu go.

"Maa please Abhi se kuch mat khaiye."

"Bilkul nahi. Yeh Abhi ko batane ka haq sirf tumhara hai." Mahima said. "Akshara, I've talked to Anu and Deepak...they will cover everything at the hospital so you don't worry and just rest at home for now. If anything you can always work from home okay?"

Akshu nodded. The Music Therapy department at Birla Hospital had grown by leaps and bounds since Akshara started and was now considered one of the best in India.  Now several different Music Therapists worked under Akshara.

Abhimanyu looked across the room and saw his wife happily discussing something with his mom and Tayi-ji. It made his heart burst to see how much his family truly adored his Akshu.  He walked up to them and heard Mahima talking to Akshu.

"Take the next few weeks off and relax.  If after that, you feel like coming in, you can but I suggest you take it easy."

"Haan didi. Pehle se itni kamzor hai....ab toh. Akshu beta you only rest and relax now."

The three ladies saw Abhimanyu and became silent. 

"Acha Maa, can I go to my room? I am really tired." Akshu said to Manjiri.

"Haan beta. Main kuch laon tumhare liye? Kitni kamzor ho gayi ho..."

"Nahi Maa. Thank you. Good night Maa, good night Tayi-ji." Akshu said walking off.

Abhimanyu turned to Manjiri and Mahima with a worried look on his face. "Kya hua meri Akshu ko?"

The two ladies looked at each other. "Kya hua hai tumhari Akshu ko? Theek toh hai." Manjiri said.

"Tayi-ji, why are you giving her a few weeks off and asking her to rest?"

"Because we have the work covered so she doesn't need to come in everyday."

"No please tell me, kya hua hai usse?"

"Abhi, all day long you are the one running in circles around your wife...so you should know usse kya hua hai. How will we know?" Mahima said walking off.

"Maa...please batao."

"Kya bataon? Kya hua Abhi? Tume aisa Kyun lagta hai ke Akshu ko kuch hua hai?"

"Maa woh kuch dino se bohat ajeeb act kar rahi hai. Choti choti baat pe rone lag jahti hai. Gussa kar lehti hai.  Naraz ho jahti hai. Kuch kahti nahi. Even at Goenka Villa, Badi Maa made all her favorite food and she didn't touch anything and only took two bites off a bread.  She won't even let me go nea...." Abhimanyu stopped himself. Maybe the last part is not to be shared.

"Abhi. Meri baat suno. Mujhe pata hai tum apni Akshu se bohat pyar karte ho aur uska bohat khayal rakhte ho liken beta..." Abhimanyu knew what his mom will say next.

"Maa biwi hai meri...uska haq hai ke main uss se pyar karoon."

"Baat sunoge pehle meri? Mujhe pata hai Akshu ka haq hai tumhare pyar pe. Main yeh keh rahi hoon ke abhi Akshu ko tumhari aur bhi ziyada zarorat hai. Usse aur bhi ziyada zarorat hai tumhare pyar ki. She might push all your buttons right now but be patient with her, okay? Chalo jao ab apni Akshu ke paas."

Abhimanyu's concerns for Akshu were even more now as he went to his room.

+++++++++

As Abhi opened his room, his mouth dropped. Akshu was standing by the mirror brushing her hair wearing a tiny black nightie. When she heard him come in, she turned around and smiled.  I don't know what's going on with you, Akshu but right now I don't care.  Abhi went to her and pulled her in his arms.