The Royal Party

It seemed to Katerina that all of Winterfell had gathered in the courtyard to witness the arrival of the royal party. On the other hand, it also seemed that The King had brought everyone from the south with him.

The Starks were all in a line waiting to greet the royal family, Katerina and Theon were behind as they weren't properly apart of the family. Once the king arrived, Katerina was disappointed. She had read the Robert Baratheon was a tall, fit and handsome man that all the girls swooned over, but she guessed as he got older he cared less about his appearance because he had got fatter and his black hair and beard had gotten some grey streaks.

King Robert didn't stay long and he demanded that he should go down to the crypts to see Lyanna Stark, Lord Eddard Stark's sisters. Katerina felt sorry for the Queen, the King was still in love with Lyanna. She also thought it was a bit strange how Robert could still be in love with a dead girl for 17 years. However, Katerina didn't really think the King and Queen loved each other.

When the King left, so did the crowd that had gathered- everyone got back to work and the rest of the Starks went to their rooms. Bran went back to his climbing, and Catelyn shouted at him, but he didn't care- Bran loved to climb the tall buildings of Winterfell. Arya and Nymeria (Arya's direwolf) slowly came over to Katerina and Nymeria gently brushed her head on Katerina's legs.

"Have you seen that disgusting Prince Joffrey? Sansa's completely in love, I can't imagine why because he looks like a pig!" Arya ranted.

"Arya you can't say that about our Prince," Katerina said. "Although it is true."

Arya giggled and she ran off with Nymeria following by her side. Katerina wasn't sure on what to do, after the arrival of the royal party, perhaps she should talk to someone. However she saw her brother and immediately went over to him.

"Good afternoon Flame, what do you think about that Prince Joffrey?" He said with a smirk.

"If I'm honest, he looks like a girl. But, I can't be judgmental as Sansa has completely fallen for him," Katerina answered.

The sibling's conversation was interrupted by Ser Jaime Lannister.

"Excuse me, do you know where to find Catelyn?" The kingslayer asked with piercing emerald eyes.

"She's probably in her chambers, I would ask one of the guards if I were you." Theon answered.

"Why thank you...Theon Greyjoy." Jaime said slowly, emphasising on his last name, then he smirked. "What is it like being taken away from your family at such a young age?"

Katerina and Theon looked at each other. Katerina's hands went cold, how dare he ask such a question? The Starks had been kind enough to raise the twins after their father's failed uprising against King Robert. Why was it his problem that they were living in Winterfell?

"Excuse me, Ser Jaime but I don't think that was appropriate." Theon challenged.

"Sorry but it's true isn't it, your father failed in his uprising. You'll follow in his footsteps."

After that Katerina's blood boiled and she was filled with rage. Why would he say that? She would have hit Ser Jaime however she decided that wouldn't improve the situation.

"Sorry Ser Jaime if you would excuse us," Katerina said through her teeth and glared at him with her dark blue eyes.

Katerina and Theon walked off towards the castle.

"He's so arrogant, he is completely in love with himself." Katerina vented.

"It's alright sister, I don't think a single soul in Westeros likes the man. He always looks for trouble, I wouldn't take it personally." Theon replied.

The twins separated as the reached the castle. Katerina slowly made her way up into her room but, she bumped into Jon on the way.

"Good afternoon Lady Flame," he said with a bow.

"Afternoon Lord Snow," Katerina replied as she giggled.

"Would you like to come on a walk with me?" He asked.

"Why of course I would." Katerina grinned.

They strolled near the broken tower, as it was full of wildlife near there. Katerina was enjoying the fresh air, filled with the scent of wild flowers and pine needles. The long grass tickled her legs where her boots ended. She was having a great time and she was laughing constantly because Jon was making her laugh so often.

"The weather's amazing, you wouldn't think we're in Winterfell." Jon broke the silence.

"It feels warm to us, but I've already heard Prince Tommen complain about how 'cold' it is," she giggled.

"The Royal family are really vain aren't they?" Jon smiled.

"Shh! Someone might be listening!" Katerina joked. "Although, you are right."

"Well I'm always right, aren't I?" He laughed.

"You wish Snow!" Katerina teased him by shoving him a little.

"Oi! Watch out Flame, you could have ruined my hair!" Jon said while stroking his black curly locks.

"Don't worry about it, it looks a mess anyway!" Katerina grinned. Jon pretended to look upset but he then smiled too. They walked in silence again until Jon spoke.

"What would you do without me Katerina?" Jon said jokingly whilst smiling.

"Honestly I don't know, I'd probably be having a miserable time living here," she replied.

"I'm glad I make you happy." Jon with a small smile.

"Me too." She said softly.

It was getting colder and darker and the two decided to walk back to the castle. Katerina's feelings were all over the place, she didn't know how she felt towards Jon, he didn't make it easy by acting this way towards her. She needed some time to think in her bedchamber.

A/N
If anyone is reading this, I'll be updating every few days. I have 18 parts written already and I'm still writing more :) Have a good day.