valentine's special﹒ various

Start from the beginning

The wine owner knew you intentions when you decided to bring it up. I mean, who casually brings up Valentine's Day to one of your friends, asking how they felt about it without any secret intentions?

Heaving a despaired sigh, your hand dropped the letter. Well, you hoped it would. Something compelled you not to drop it into the trash. A knock sounded at your dorm's door, startling you.

Thinking it was your roommate, you shouted, "Come in!" What you least expected was for it to be the wretched man you couldn't get out of your mind.

Diluc Ragnvindr.

His hair was disheveled, in a high messy ponytail. It seemed he was out of breath, as well. Your breath hitched, quickly hiding the letter behind your back. You stood up straight, too straight to look normal.

You only had a lamp on in the dorm, so hopefully he hadn't noticed the letter anyway. "Di-Diluc? What a surprise..! What are you, um, doing here? I'm kind of busy..." you mumbled, afraid that if your voice went any higher it'd crack.

Eyes filled with tears, you tried your best to stop them from going down your cheeks. You didn't want him to see you cry.

But, your emotions were too much. You originally planned on avoiding him for a couple days after Valentine's Day to compose yourself, yet fate seems to think otherwise.

His red eyes widened upon seeing your state, immediately walking over to you. Though, slowly, making sure you were comfortable with him being there.

     "I realized I made a huge mistake," Diluc whispered when he finally was in front of you. You gulped down the lump in your throat, adjusting yourself so he still couldn't see what was behind you. "After having a talk with my insolent brother, I knew I had to tell you how I really feel. Not just about today, but about you."

     "Huh—Wha-What're you talking about, Dil-Diluc?" you bit back, fighting the urge to shove him away. Your sadness was replaced with anger, now. How dare he come here so abruptly and spring this on you? All of the tears you wasted was for nothing?

You tapped your foot, trying to ignore the way Diluc held onto your forearm. Your eyebrows were furrowed angrily, waiting for him to continue. He cleared his throat, adjusting his collar with his free hand.

"Please, just hear me out, [Name]."

Tartaglia

You were panting, clutching your sword as if your life depended on it. Well, technically, it did. You ignored the cuts and numerous wounds spread across your body. The amount of blood you had loss was astounding, especially speaking how you were still standing.

Childe's wicked smile of victory was the only thing keeping you going. You couldn't let him win. You weren't going to let him win. Even if you died trying.

Childe seemed to notice your slowing movements, the way your eyes seemed that they were elsewhere, not in the Golden House fighting with him.

The way you ignored the coughing up of your own blood, brushing it on your clothing as you continued to send meaningless glares at him.

You never had a bone to pick with the harbinger. That is, until he tried and failed to sink your beloved home city. Liyue.

After talking to Lumine about the fight they held in the Golden House, you decided to avenge the poor traveler.

Childe knocked you to the ground, excruciating pain shooting to your dislocated shoulder. You let out a yelp in agony, wailing loudly as you curled yourself into a fetal position. Face stained with blood, sweat, and tears.

The ginger haired boy scoffed, staring down at your state. When you scrambled to stand up, he kicked your stomach, knocking the wind out of you again.

     "You aren't getting anywhere, [Name]. What's the point? I haven't even used my other forms. I'm unscathed! Just give up," he mocked, watching as your blood pooled from underneath you.

Rage filled you with his remark, attempting to stab him with your sword with your remaining strength. The attempt was futile, knowing he easily dodged it.

With his own hydro fused sword, he aimed it at your head, a crazy smile on his face. A smile you never wanted to see again. You squinted your eyes shut, accepting how your life was going to end.

You couldn't stop the harsh beating of your heart, and the small blush that never left your cheeks. You were being killed by someone you loved. The feelings you tried your best to push down from the moment you met him, came back hard.

You tried to forget the way your cheeks burned upon seeing him laugh, even with his ill intentions. Your head whirled and hurt knowing how awful of a person he truly was, but you couldn't stop those feelings.

Maybe it was for the best for you to die. Your life wasn't at all good. You never left the City of Liyue. Your family forbid it. They told you countless stories of how bad the world was, that even stepping foot outside of the city would get you killed.

You were always trapped at home. You hardly ever went out, only if you were running errands. You had to sneak out of the house just to fight this man. The couple of times you met him, you also snuck out. Your family hasn't found out, either.

     "Any last words, my dearest [Name]?" the man teased, narrowing his eyes menacingly as you continued to wrangle helplessly on the ground. Gulping, you decided to do what was the only thing left in your mind. The unthinkable.

     "I love you, Tartaglia," you mumbled, very clearly noticing the change of his expression. Through hooded eyes, you could see the way red almost immediately dusted his cheeks.

The hydro wielder tossed his sword in the other direction, picking you up in bridal style. "That's exactly what I wanted to hear," he whispered, staring into your eyes. You tried to stay awake, afraid this moment wouldn't last. One moment he's about to kill you, and the next he's carrying you to safety.

What a twisted and confusing man..

≧≦

ポッピン パーティー !

ポッピン パーティー !