"pancakes!" su-ho exclaimed.

"get su-ho ready, beru. he'll be training today," jin-woo said.

"understood, my liege," beru said.

"i'll be back," jin-woo said and kissed his children's cheeks. he jogged back up the stairs and headed back into the bedroom, walking into the bathroom.

"back already?" y/n asked as she shampooed her hair.

"mhm," jin-woo hummed and got rid of his clothes before stepping into the shower with her.

he grabbed the shower head and directed it to himself, earning a grumble from y/n. she smacked his chest while jin-woo chuckled in return.

"wait for your turn my love," jin-woo said.

"you're the one who entered during my showering time," y/n pointed out.

"i'm your husband. it's best we save water, right?" he asked with a grin, and y/n rolled her eyes in return.

"that's just an excuse," y/n said and turned her back on him. "we both know what you really mean by that."

jin-woo smiled before he moved the shower head above y/n, washing her hair with care. his fingers treaded through her hair, gently moving it and making sure that it was completely clean.

"is su-ho training today?" y/n asked.

"yeah, he needs to get his powers under control. it's too strong for him, i wouldn't want something bad to happen," jin-woo sighed.

y/n sighed as well as she grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her body. she entered their walk-in wardrobe before replying, "be gentle, jin-woo. he's still our little baby. if you put too much pressure, su-ho will be too stressed out."

jin-woo kept quiet as he finished his routine and wore his clothes. y/n's reminders rang out in his head as sometimes, he had accidentally went overboard. he still remembered the day su-ho ran away from him when jin-woo got too mad at him. su-ho didn't speak to him for a whole month, only sticking to y/n or beru.

ever since then, jin-woo tried to be gentler with his teachings. if su-ho got too scared, then his emotions would not be under control which would ultimately affect his powers as well.

"ready?" y/n asked, snapping jin-woo from his thoughts. he nodded his head and held her hand as they walked down to the kitchen.

su-ho and hyun-joo were all dressed up as beru and igris fed them their breakfast. y/n smiled as she kissed the children on their cheeks and sat down at her seat.

"are you ready for today's training, su-ho?" y/n asked as jin-woo sat next to her.

"mhm. i'm gonna be strong like dad," su-ho declared. the little boy was born ahead of the curve as he was already able to speak fluently with his parents.

"i'm sure he'll be proud of you as long as you do your best. right, jin-woo?" y/n asked, nudging him.

"yeah. we can take it slow," jin-woo replied. "you don't have to perfect it on the first try."

y/n smiled as she squeezed his hand. the family ate in peace for the next few minutes before they got ready for training. as for cleaning up, beru had volunteered his shadow ants to do so, earning a smack from igris.

y/n held little hyun-joo in her arms as they sat under the porch, watching jin-woo and su-ho. the two stood on the patch of grass, facing one another. their house was on the outskirts of the city, and y/n owned the land that their house was on. this was a precaution so that su-ho would be able to train freely without having to worry about affecting the city.

🎉 You've finished reading ❛ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ❜ ━━━ (𝘀. 𝗷𝗶𝗻𝘄𝗼𝗼) 🎉