He looked deep into her eyes,

Nee vara varaikum

Dhira smiled affectionately,

Nee en life'la vandhadhu lerndhu, every second happy memories mattum illa, unmaiya sollanumna ennaku yepdi sollanumnu koodha therla.

He chuckled blushing,

Ana life fulla adhu yen koodha ye irukanum'nu thonudhu.

Anniki koodha nee sonnae la? Heart irundhudhan beat panradhu theriyumnu?

Adhi cupped her face,

Unna paathadhuku aprom dhan, sathiyama yenakke therinjadhu.

I too have a heart. That beats for you.
And I don't want it to stop at any point.

Adhunala..

Adhira

Dhira closed her eyes for a fleeting moment. Adhi slowly clicked opened the tiny box. It revealed a simple yet elegant diamond ring.

Will you marry me?

Dhira squealed a yes and threw herself on Adhi. Adhi chuckled with tears and hugged her back.

She kissed him all over his face with joy, but Adhi stopped her when she was about to kiss his lips,

Maa, ring'uh

Dhira bit her tounge,

Aiyoyo, sorry, sorry, sorry. Indhanga!

She gracefully gave him her hand, Adhi smiled and slid it into her finger.

He caressed it,

It's my mom's.

Dhira looked up at him quizzically,

Yeppome yen koodha ye irukattumnu avanga kadaisiya koodhutu ponadhu.

He bobbed her nose with his,

Naa unkitta kodhututen. Inime idhu kaga yavadhu, unna naa vidhave matten.

Dhira chuckled with tears and hugged him,

Vitradhae

She crashed her lips on Adhi's.

The next second,
Nothing felt real,
Nothing felt true,
All they felt were each other
Clouded with euphoria.

Adhi's thumb cupped and cradled her cheek between his palms as he sucked her lips.

Dhira's one hand ran through Adhi's hair pulling him closer while the other hand tightly clutched onto his shirt.

Adhi felt her gasping for air and gently pulled back. He took his own time to admire her flushed face and swollen lips.

He pestered pecks and nibbles over her cheeks way down to her jaw, neck and collarbone.

🦋

Dhira scrunched her nose when she heard heavy downpour. She rubbed her eyes and opened it to find the rain, that was yet to stop a while ago, starting to pour heavily again. They were still inside the Fort and eventually fell asleep.

She sighed and tried to move when a big arms tightened it grips on her waist. Dhira smiled softly as she tilted her head around and found Adhi snuggled in her shoulder.

She carefully tried to turned around without waking him up, but Adhi stirred and groaned in his sleep. She snuggled closer to him and patted his back. He relaxed.

Dhira slowly traced her finger on his face. There was an unknown small cut at the corner of his brow, his long lashes that laid rested were too perfect.

His words, the kiss, the snuggles and the marks on her neck, all of a sudden everything hit hard to Dhira.

When her finger reached his lips, she received a peck making Dhira giggle. Adhi leaned forward and put their forehead together.

Sight adhikiriya?

Dhira twisted her lips,

Kelambalae?

Adhi sighed heavily,

Ponuma?

He asked pouting, even if they could stay like this for the rest of their life, neither Adhi nor Dhira would deny.

Yet the rain was getting heavy.

Dhira kissed his lips,.

Polam.

🦋

Adhi stood in front of her doorway and waited until Dhira safely went into her house. Dhira closed the door after bidding bye to him.

Dhira frolicked to her room and looked at the mirror. She was such a blushing mess. She caressed her ring and kissed it contently.

Everything felt like a dream to Dhira,
To have her own human to love,
To have her own home,
To have her own family,

Everything was a dream she never thought she could reach yet it was happening.

A dream she would never let go of, even if it means she'll have to sleep forever.

Suddenly, Dhira felt a little discomfort at the back of her head. She shrugged it off and removed her ribbon, letting her hair down.

But unexpectedly, it didn't stop, the discomfort started changing into pain and the next thing Dhira knew, she stumbled and her vision got blurred.

She was holding her dresser for support but it wasn't enough. All her senses were completely down as the pain increased. She couldn't even scream or breath.

Tears were rolling down her cheek, she felt like there was an elastic band being tied and squeezed around her brain.

Dhira somehow managed to hold the walls for support till she walked to the bed and instantly collapsed on it.

Her hands were clutching onto her head while she was lying in a fetal position and eventually, within a blink she ended up sleeping after pain due to exhaustion.

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Sorry for the late chapter.

Short but important chapter 🙂