my motivation || CallahanX!NB Reader

also for this it's gonna be a talking callahan AU but he hasn't voice revealed to y/n yet

Irl or Mc: irl :)
requested: nope
plot line: Y/n gets motivation from callahan

CW:
some small sex jokes (JOKES) here and there
a small amount of cursing
demotivation

Narrator POV

Y/n sits up in their bed. they haven't had any motivation to do anything for that past few weeks and it hasn't gone unnoticed by their closest friend, and slight crush, Callahan.

He would always start calling Y/n on discord, so that they would get out of bed to answer the call. he was only trying to help, and it worked most of the time. but occasionally, y/n would just let it ring as they lay in bed, staring blankly at their wall.

They reluctantly drag their uncooperative legs to the edge of their bed, placing their feet on the cold hardwood floor, taking a moment to adjust to the change of position (if anyone makes a sex joke i will cry😀)

they slowly walk to their kitchen, grabbing a slice of leftover pizza, and bringing it back to their room to eat.

as they get to the door of their room, they hear their PC ringing, with a discord call from Callahan.

(idk how discord works, bare with me😩)

they sigh, walking over to their PC and sitting down on their chair, answering the call.

"hey, Cal"

' why hello, hello, dear y/n :)' he typed out.

"you seem particularly chipper today"
'because i am!'
"why? what are you doing that's got you so happy"
'you ;)'

it wasn't uncommon for Callahan to make sex jokes, and y/n usually retaliated with their own.

"ha. ha. ok but really though"
'i'm currently on a trip!'
"to somewhere other than your kitchen?"
'oh ha ha you're so funny 🙄'
"i know i am."
'but yes, i actually did leave my house.'
"so where are you going for your trip?"
'that's a secret ;]'
"oh cmonnn you can tell me!"
'ok, i'm going to visit a close friend of mine'
"oh?"

Y/n was a bit upset. that usually meant that he wouldn't be in contact with them for several days.

'yeah! it's gonna be a lot of fun'
"so how long are you gonna be gone for?"
'as long as i can before they kick me out'
"oh.." they said, disappointed. that means they might have to go weeks without speaking to callahan.

'oh i actually have to go! my plane is about to take off'
"oh, ok. safe travelling!"
'thank you, y/n <3'
"oh, and let me know when you get there so i know you arrived safely!"
'was already planning on it :)'

then the discord call was disconnected. Y/n sat in the unusually loud silence of their room, their mind already replaying the conversation.

weeks without Callahan. weeks. they probably won't even be able to get out of bed for the next couple of weeks without him.

hours past, of y/n silently sitting and mindlessly staring at their laptop screen as it plays episodes of TUA.
(if you watch TUA, i automatically love you forever and if you think five is low key kinda.. yk? then marry me.)

they eventually wake up, at 7:45 am, TUA still playing on their laptop. they didn't even remember falling asleep. they glance up, seeing their mess of a room.

their mind wonders back to advice that Callahan gave a few months ago.

'if you ever feel overwhelmed or like you're life is slowly getting out of your control, try to take control of what you can. wether that's cleaning up your room, taking a walk outside, getting a shower, it doesn't matter. just take control of what you can and everything will fall into place'