- Bottled Up (part 2) -

Începe de la început

He then tilted his head downward and said something under his breath.

Henry could barely register it through the rain and his own quiet sobs. Unlike Charlie, on the other hand, seemed to understand what he said clearly since her face immediately turned into what could look like.. What? Worry? Fear? No it didn't seem like that. It looked sympathetic. She felt sorrowful for the other man.

He quickly brushed that aside when he saw the other man lowering his weapon, his hand falling limp on his side. Charlie hesitated slightly, fearing that the man was playing a sick game with her and the moment she takes a step she gets yanked back again from her hair.

After a minute of William not showing any threatening movements, Charlie decides to walk slowly picking up her pace as she gets closer to her father. When she was far enough from the frightening man, her hands shot out and immediately sprinted towards Henry, sobbing in the process. Henry fell on his knees, and did the same and gave her the tightest hug ever.

"Are you hurt?? Did he harm you?" Henry said quickly after he pulled away from the nearly suffocating hug. Charlie shook her head 'no' while using the back of her hand to wipe away her tears. She then glanced back at the person who had held her hostage and frowned. Henry followed where Charlie was staring at and shot a piercing glare on the individual who was trying to get back on his feet, wobbling a bit, then turned to his daughter again.

"Did he threaten you?" Henry asked in a stern tone, Charlie shook her head again "He didn't do anything to me daddy, I was just... thinking about what he said earlier." Henry made a confused face, forgetting briefly about William muttering something not long ago. "What did he say Charlie..?" Henry asked. "He said... ' But if I lose you I don't think I will make it '" Charlie whispered looking back at William with eyes made out of pity.

"..."

"Get inside Charlotte." Charlie winced at the change of tone in Henry's voice, not to mention he used her whole name this time. "But what about you?" Henry turned to her and smiled reassuringly "I'll be fine, okay?" Charlie was reluctant to return the smile, then bolted for the backdoor of the pizzaria.

Now it was just the two of them.

"... Why didn't you fo-"

Faster than William's eyes could comprehend, Henry forcefully grabbed him by the collar of his coat, pulled him, and slammed his body on the wall. Before he could catch his breath, a pair of hands grab his neck, slightly lifting him off the ground, choking him.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU SICK PIECE OF SHIT" Henry screamed from the top of his lungs, It made William flinch a little. He really fucked up now huh.

William was practically digging his nails into Henry's skin at this point, he was losing air, fast. He could barely even get a word out. "F..Fu-ck.." He was trying to pull the other man's hands away from him, it was no use. He didn't have much energy left due to his poor self-care skills. His eyesight is turning blurry, and slowly darkening around the edges.

"I-i..Im...s..orry."

His arms were just about to fall limp on his sides before the pair of hands loosened their grip and tossed the brunette to the side. William was gasping for air, grabbing his aching chest in the process.

"T.. tell me why William..." Henry spoke softly, the tone in his voice indicating he was about to start sobbing again. He didn't want to kill William, he cares about him too much. He was the only person who was ever there for him in his time of need. The one who..-

'...Time of need'

Henry stopped to think about those words for a moment. Started thinking about all the things that occurred before this event, only this time through William's perspective.

He thought about his children, his Wife. Does he even recall what happened to his Wife? He doesn't know, he had been.. neglecting William's sorrow for what? Since Evan's death? Where was HE in William's time of need, where was he when William asked if he could just talk with him? Had William just-

Henry's thoughts were cut off by a choked sob coming from the brunette, he shot his head towards silhouette.

"I.. don't know what's.. wrong... I-I don't know why I... It was impulse i-it was instinct I didn't mean for it to t-to..." He stammered, his tears wouldn't stop pouring from his eyes, he was gripping onto his hair, still breathing heavily. Henry couldn't tell if it was from when he was choking him earlier or if it was a panic attack.

"Why can't I stop crying?!" William screamed out of frustration. Trying his best to stop the downfall of tears.

There was a jolt of pain in Henry's chest, finally taking a glimpse of the sorrowful man infront of him. He was pale, his shows nothing but fear and panic, he hadn't been resting well or recovering one bit from all of it.

He hated it, Hated seeing so him vulnerable. He hated feeling any kind of sympathy for the man, but he couldn't help it. After all, he knows there was a possibility that he could've prevented if he had just listened. He was at fault as well.

'Shit'

William was still distraught about his meddlesome emotions. Until a pair of hands pulled him into a tight embrace. Panicked, William winced at the contact then proceeded to push the shorter yet stronger man away from him, failing miserably.

After a few hopeless attempts, he gives up and slowly yet reluctantly leans in, melting into the warm and needed hug.

(Yeaaahh, Sorta forgot this existed. I actually made this chapter a year ago but I never really posted it since I didn't like how it turned out. But eh, it's fine I suppose. Also please send some request Idk what I'm gonna do next.)