002, SMALL WORLDS

CHAPTER TWO
SMALL WORLDS
"You shouldn't blame shitty behavior on trauma."

CHRISTOPHER MCKAY SAT in the passenger seat of his bestfriends car, watching as the taller boy shoved his on and off girlfriend into the backseat. If Nate had done that to any other girl, McKay told himself he would've said something, the older boy figured that that was just how his relationship with Lorelie was. And in all honesty McKay thought she deserved it, Nate had asked nicely and Lorelie responded rudely, even if Chris didn't know the issues between the two, he knew that Lorelie was fully aware of Nate's temper, and she should've just gotten in the car on her own. McKay turned in his seat to look at the younger girl, "hows it going lolo"  

Lorelie didnt wanna answer, she felt humiliated and she hated what Nate had said to Fez, yet regardless of how she felt she still mumbled a short response, "fine."

Mckayt 6took the hint Nd turned backl around to face the front, The car ride was silent. Lorelies anger filling the car making the pair of boys uncomfortable to even breath, Nate knew he was on thin ice. He could feel it, despite having alot mord top say to Lorelie he knjew the smatrest thing to do would be to keep his mouth shut/. In ways Nate was afraid of Lorelie, most of him knew that Lorelie would never tell anybody anything Nate had said. but there was this small thought in his head, she was scary was she was mad, she reminded him of a small flame. He knew saying something. ,anything at all would be like adding gasoline to a campfire. So he kept his head pointed towards the road, thinking, almost regretting what he'd just done occasionally sneaking glances at Lorelie through the rear view mirror. 

She hadnt been paying attention, as usual her airpods were in her ear and she was staring out of the mirror, she still appeared mad, her fist was clenched and she was grinding her teeth but she didnt look as mad as when he had first put her ijn the car. They arrived to McKays shortly and immediately Lorelie hopped out of Nate's  car and walked into her friends front door. Lorelie hadnt even stepped through the front door when Troy and Roy picked her up holding her in one of their hugs. 

"Lolo! Where've you been-" Troy said as he handed her a drink, the girl shrugged

"Bet i coukld tell you. Out with that ginger now huh. Doesnt mean you can forget about us." Roy added as Troy shook his head in agreement, 

"Yea just because you at Nate arnt together doesnt mean you can just ditch us." Lorelie laughed and hugged the twins once more, 

"Ive just been busy that all." She replied as the pair shook their head in disbelief, 

"Yea selling drugs." Troy murmered, Lorleie pretended not to hear him. She knew that if she had answered it wouldve turned into an argument and she felt lie she couldnt really blame the boys. In a way the twins were like her brothers, once she started dating Nate it was like the pair would do anything for her. It helped that she had been super close to McKay too but the twins felt like Lorleie was their older sister, they liked having her older and listening to her talk. And Lorleie always made them feel good about themselves, she treated them the way someone who cared about you treated you. She loved them.