Say You Love Me (Ransushi)

Mulai dari awal

"Heyyyy, mister." Kenji gasped and looked up at the android, tugging at his sleeve. Sushi seemed caught off guard. Should it seem like it's caught off guard.

"Oh.. uhm, hello there." That wasn't the speech pattern it should be using. Ranpo was becoming agitated. And yet he said nothing. Because in the end it didn't matter, did it? The android was a little bit glitchy, or it had just been around people too long so it began to talk like one. "What's your name?" It didn't ask me that.

"Kenji! What's yours?" The blonde smiled brightly, shaking the androids hand vigorously.

  "Sushi." Sushi smiled.

  "Sushi. Sushi what? Is Sushi your real name?" Kenji tilted his head.

  "I am an android, so I have no last name. He named me." He gestured to Ranpo. He. He hadn't asked his name...

  "My name is Ranpo," The detective huffed snarkily. "And this things just a big hunk of metal, don't try and be friends with it."

  "Ohhh, a robot. City peoples technologies are so advanced!" Kenji giggled and skipped odd.

  "..." Sushi frowned and looked back to Ranpo. "You were very rude just then." Ranpo raised an eyebrow at the thing. Was it criticizing him..? Sushi seemed to catch onto his skeptical glare quickly. "Did something I do displease you? If so, I need to know so I won't do it again." It didn't seem like an automated message. It seemed forced.

  Ranpo wrote down something on a piece of paper, handing it to the android along with a key. "Go here. Stay there until I arrive." He said calmly and shooed him off with a hand. Sushi looked at the paper, nodded and then walked away. Seemingly to the address given, which was Ranpo's apartment.

  Ranpo finished doing work for the day, much more at peace without a robot hovering over him. He returned home and began his little.. experiment.

  He twisted the knob. Locked. He didn't tell him to lock it. He knocked on the door. "It's Ranpo. Open up." He huffed. Nothing. He groaned and took a spare key out from his pocket and opened it, closing and locking it. He put his hand in his pocket. Where was that dumb android?

  Ranpo's eyes opened. Widening slightly. Said android, white slightly messy hair equivalent to a humans, flawless skin that somehow seemed natural— looking like a boy his own age, this battery powered robot was asleep on the couch. Why was it sleeping? It didn't need to. It couldn't get tired. Ranpo advanced closer. The fact that he couldn't figure out an immediate answer was bothering him. He knelt down.

  It was breathing.

  Ranpo's heart stopped for a second. He took a small breath and quickly continued his experiment while he had the advantage of the other being asleep. There was no hair growing on his skin.. okay. He brought his hand up to the others scalp. Hair locked into his skin just like a humans. He frowns as he comes across such a thin line around the others forehead that it went nearly undetected, even by the detective. He traces it with his finger and it goes all the way around. He finds a small white circle on the back of the others head. He presses it.

  Ranpo jumped back as the others head seemed to literally open. And God he did not need to see that. But he knew that- he did. He cautiously leaned over. Inside the others head was a human brain. It was hooked up to things it shouldn't be, technology surrounding it. He freaked out, and decided to just- close it. Yeah. Sushi back to looking like.. Sushi.

  Was this robot part human?

  Ranpo took a picture of the androids face, and reversed image search. Nothing came up, except for an android. And yet what he noticed with the android models is that they all looked different. No one looked the same. Not one. Nothing came up on the web.. but...