Chapter 2

James

The next day James and his mom went to Diagon Ally to get a wand, books, and robes for Hogwarts. First, they got books, James' favorite out of them all was Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. He loved looking at all the pictures of the creatures that he may even see at Hogwarts. Then they went to Ollivander's. When they walked in Ollivander, who was sleeping in his chair, mumbled something about phoenix feathers.

"Mr. Ollivander- I'm here to buy a wand," James said. Ollivander woke up with a start.

"Ahh yes another Hogwarts first year" he said.

"Uhm yes.." James said

"ahh ok...I have just the wand for you" Ollivander said. He somehow knew exactly

which wand James would have. He pulled one of the shelves and said "This wand is made of mahogany, it has a thunderbird feather core and is excellent for transfiguration."

He handed James the wand. James waved it, and instead of blowing something up like Ollivander was expecting, he made a small amount of light next to him.

"Wow, that was fast.." Ollivander said.

"Well I mean...The wand chooses the wizard, right?" James said

"Exactly,"

As James left the wand shop with his new wand he bumped into a boy about his age. The boy had shaggy brown hair and had his head down and James couldn't see much of his face.

"S-sorry" the boy said.

"Oh, it's fine, I'm the one who's sorry for bumping into you." James said. The boy just walked past. James wondered if he would see more of this boy. He hoped he would, he could kind of tell the boy didn't have many friends.

When James walked out of Ollivander's he saw his mom waiting for him.

"I've gotten the Hogwarts robes!" she said.

"Thanks mom," James said "I got my wand!"

"Great, we can go if you want," James' mom said.

"Ok... I uh...I need to feed Mugwart anyway," James said.

"Ok, we should go because whenever you say you need to do something it means you haven't done it in three days," his Mom said

Sirius

Sirius was taken to Diagon Ally the day he got his letter. He bought second-hand robes and books with the money he had. Then he went to Ollivander's to get the wand he needed. When he went in Ollivander was in the back.

"MR. OLLIVANDER! I NEED A WAND PLEASE!" Sirius shouted.

Ollivander came out, looked at the boy who was too tall for his age and asked "Did you break your wand?"

"uh...no I'm eleven..." Sirius said.

"Oh, I am sorry, you're taller then most eleven-year olds," Ollivander said.

"Heh it's fine" Sirius said.

"Well, we should get you a wand."

After trying three wands and all of them not choosing Sirius by sending about five quills after Ollivander trying to stab him until he un-hexed them, setting a small pile of papers on fire, and blowing up Ollivander's desk.