HOMEMADE DYNAMITE

Start from the beginning

When the group you were watching realise that she's heading in their way, they stand up straight with wide eyes as the one with pale skin and long hair holds back a laugh.

His eyes seem to pierce into yours, even from the wide distance. You could get lost in them. A conversation ensues between Leia and the group and that's you look away with a shake of your head, a smile of your own etched onto your lips.
Finally following your guide, who seems to be heading in the direction of a large building. A sign reads 'Dormitory', and you walk on, restless to be settled down already.

However before you walk into the building, you look back at your new home and you witness General Organa pulling her son by the arm as his friends taunt him from behind. Shaking your head, you step over the threshold of what will be the best place you've ever lived in.

The night comes quickly and quietly, like a silent murderer creeping up behind you. Your room is small but bigger than you had imagined it. Most of your things are already settled in and as you sit on your cold bed, your mind wanders.

A week of doing nothing. The notion makes you nervous. You're the type of person that goes crazy doing nothing yet you can't start work until you're introduction classes begin.

Sighing, you lay down onto your back and wonder how you'll spend your first week here in your new planet. Just as quickly as the night had come, you had fallen asleep and now the morning is knocking at your door. Or is that someone else? The insistent noise makes you furrow your eyebrows and eventually you get up.

Marching to your door, you glare as you press the button to open it, revealing a tan and slightly familiar man.

His eyes look you up and down and you wonder why. "You just woke up, didn't you?"

"Obviously." You reply, raising your eyebrows, "It's early. Who are you?"

Leaning against your door frame, the man hides a grin, "Obviously not too early for the kitchen to close."

Furrowing your eyebrows, you tilt your head slightly, "What?"

"Breakfast in the main hall finished like twenty minutes ago." He states nonchalantly. You rush to look at the clock as he continues talking, "The General noticed you weren't there so she sent me to make sure you hadn't died. Poe Dameron, by the way." He ends with a smile, holding his hand out for a shake.

9:23am. You slept in. "Y/N Y/L/N."

Letting out a sigh, you shake your head at yourself. This is not a good start to your 'settling in'. When Poe realises you aren't going to shake his hand, he just shrugs. "I know a place we could go, it isn't the end of the world."

"Are we even allowed off base?" You wonder skeptically, knowing fully well that unsanctioned trips to anywhere outside of the base are prohibited.

Poe shrugs, taking a step back as he gives you a closed mouth grin, "It's allowed if you're a pilot. Which I am."

You scoff, returning his smile. "Fine, give me five minutes to change."

"I'll be out here waiting."

Poe is actually a great pilot. Stepping down from the passenger side, Poe helps you down by your hand and you gaze at the small building that hopefully has something good you can eat.

Taking the helmet off, he takes it from your hands and sets it on the seat. On the way there, you built up an appetite and you're no longer as tired as you are hungry.

"This place better be good if we're breaking rules to be here." You muse, walking beside him.

Poe says nothing, just shakes his head slightly. He barely knows you but he can tell you need to let loose and stop obsessing over what you can and can't do.