027 : Sean

Chapter 27Sean

Chapter 27
Sean

It felt like all my worries and burden lifted off from my shoulders when I get to go outside the building. My eyes were watery and my knees and hands are currently trembling. I don't know what to do next after what happened earlier. It hurts that I need to distance myself because he's already committed. But it's the right thing to do. I don't want to ruin their relationship.

I gripped on the hem of my dress and started walking. However, I froze in spot when I get to see a familiar vehicle just a few meters away in front of me. I blinked abruptly and waited for the car window to open.

I saw Sean looking at me with his sweet smile but it soon died down when he saw my state. He hurriedly went out from his car and walked towards me. He held the both of my elbows and brushed his fingers on it comfortingly.

"What happened? Why are you crying?" He asked, concerned. I looked at him and his gaze was full of sincerity and worry.

"N-nothing . . ." I shook my head and wiped the tears off of my face. "I just uh— I'll tell you some other time." I sighed because I was loss for words and don't have any reason to say.

"Alright. You can always tell me." He mumbled, rubbing my back and gesturing me inside his car. I didn't oppose and just followed him. I'm too weak to even look for a taxi and I don't even know where I'll go.

I put on my seatbelt while Sean started the engine. The first five minutes of the ride was just pure silence. I can tell that he wanted to have a conversation with me because he kept on glancing while driving. When I calmed down, I spoke to him.

"I'm glad you got here safe." I muttered. He let out a soft chuckle.

"Yeah, it was hectic but it's definitely worth it because you're here." He remarked and smiled.

I looked at him and showed him a soft smile. "Where'd you be staying at?" I asked him, biting my lower lip.

"I booked a hotel. I don't have any close relatives here since most of them are all out of the country too. Some are here but they're at the countryside." Sean replied, casually.

"Too far . . ." I mumbled and he let out a chuckle. "Yeah."

We both fell in silence once again. But when we happen to spot a restaurant he slowly stopped the car. "Have you eaten? I bet you're hungry." He said.

"Not yet so yeah I am." I pursed my lips. "I don't want to dine in though."

Sean chuckled and went to the drive thru. "Well I guess we'll have to take out then. I'll pay." He said and took out his wallet before I could even protest.

We ended up parking the car at the side of a lonely highway, under a tree to shield ourselves from the heat of the sun. We went out of the car and started eating at the tailgate.