My Love Story With Photopea

Greetings all, and welcome to my graphic portfolio! :D

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Saige and I am a graphic designer (which you could probably tell from the title)! I started designing in 2019, and I have since then improved from when I first made this-!

There was a BUNCH of stuff I had to learn, like how to design fonts, manipulate pictures, and layers. I didn't even understand layers at first-

I started out designing with Canva and Pixlr E. They're both amazing softwares! Unfortunately, there's only so much I could do on Canva (I'm not one of those talented people who can create the most stunning graphics with just Canva), so I started to try to learn how things worked on Pixlr E. 

I am an extremely lazy person, so we can all imagine how well that went.

It was an extreme headache. I hated learning stuff on my own, and there were a bunch of words that confused me. Like, what the heck is contrast? What does contrast even do? Emboss? Rasterize? Layers? Vignette? Filter? Saturation?

(Dw guys, I figured 'em out :D)

When I started to understand everything, I felt SUPER smart. I spent WAY more effort for this than anything else (other than Genshin Impact. I need a life lol). 

I used Pixlr E for about a couple of months when a friend introduced me to Photopea. And I was like, sick! I couldn't WAIT to toy around with this new software!

I didn't understand a single thing and never touched Photopea for another couple of months.

I don't even know WHY I even continued graphic designing. I think it's because I wanted a good cover for my book (I didn't know graphic shops existed at the time). It was super addicting, just sitting there like a potato and moving my clicky-thing around and staring at my laptop. 

I need a life.

So anyways, when I finally discovered that graphic portfolios apparently were a thing on this platform, I began to scroll around, hoping to gobble some delicious graphic tips. That's when a favorite graphic designer of mine mentioned Photopea in her bio.

And I was like, wow! That's the same platform my friend mentioned!

I decided to give Photopea another chance. This time, I was well-versed in the arts of Pixlr E, so the transition wasn't quite as bad as last time. 

And I've been using Photopea ever since. (I use Pixlr E for the image manipulation and blending because I don't have a clue on how to do that on Photopea).

Did I just write 500 words explaining how I decided to use Photopea?

Yes, I did.

I'm Saige, and I'm out of words to type down. I'll see you in the next part. 

Peace out <3

PLEASE ADD THIS PORTFOLIO TO YOUR READING LIST OR VOTE OR FOLLOW ME PLEASE AND THANK YOU. YOU DON'T HAVE TO. BUT IT WOULD BE NICE. THANK YOU.