Chapter 10

Yazmine
I stormed into Chris's house and headed straight to where the music was coming from I guess he is having a party I thought as I saw people in all white. ''Hey Yaz''. Alex said smiling at me.''Did not know Chris invited you''. She added.
''He didn't''. I responded. ''Where is he?''. I asked.
''Upstairs in our room''. She responded.
''Thanks''. With that, I stormed upstairs and into their room. ''Are you fucking crazy?!''. I yelled storming in. ''Stay away from me? .... Chris you do not own me nor are you my father so do me a favour and you stay away from me''. I said all in one sentence.
''Aye Yaz wait!''. He yelled grabbing a hold of me. ''I am sorry ok''. "I-I was off my meds ... I promise that was not me''. He said staring at me.
''You pinned me to the wall and almost chocked me ... and you destroyed my friends office and place graffiti on his wall ... Please Christopher stay away from me''. I said snatching my hand from his and storming out.
Once I got to my car, I took a deep breath before driving home. I can't believe he did that and giving me a lame ass excuse about taking medicine. Once I got home, I walked inside instantly hit with a nice aroma. Confused, I walked further in to see Nick cooking.
''Hey''. I said taking off my jacket and bag as I walked further in. ''What are you cooking?''. I asked wrapping my arms around his waist.
''It's a secret''. He responded.
''Ooo''.I said letting him go and started to too set the table.
''Sooo...''. He said turning around.
''Sooo''. I responded knowing very well what was coming''.
''Do you know who did that? I mean trashed my work place and destroyed my walls''. He asked walking over to me.
''Unfortunately I do''. I responded looking down.
''Who is he?''. He asked lifting my head up.
''My psycho ex''. I lied.
''What's his name?''. He asked.
''Brandon''. I lied again feeling worse.
''Do you want me to talk to him?''. He said looking into my eyes.
''No no I have already got that covered spoke to him and he said he was off his pills''. I said in a heartbeat.
''Are you sure?''. He asked.
''Mhm''. I said walking away from him. ''So after dinner what are we going to do?''.
''Well ...'' He said pulling out two DVDs from behind him.
''Omg''.I said rushing to grab the lady and the tramp. ''How do you know?''. I asked.
''Christina''. He responded.
''Oh''. I said walking to the living room.
''Just speak to her''. He said right behind me.
''Maybe I will this has gone too far''. I said placing the DVD in. I watched him as he walked back to the kitchen and stated dishing out the food. I got up and sat down at my dining table as he placed my plate in front of me and sat down in front of me. As I was about to place the food in my mouth he stopped me. "What?"I questioned.
"Give me your hands". He said. I did just that looking at him confused. "Close your eyes". He said closing his eyes and I followed suit and smiled as he began to pray. I could not help but think how I got so lucky. This man is perfect.
Once we have done eating, we made a sweets bowl, got popcorn and created a comfy seating for us with the use of cushions. Nick sat down and I sat on his lap and grabbed the remote clicking the play button.
I smiled leaning back as he wrapped his arms around me. "Wait". I said turning around. "How did you get into my house?" I asked.
"Christian". He said.
"Of course". I responded.
"She won't speak to me but she ll help you". I said.She is the only one who knows where i keep my spare key.
"Just speak to her be the bigger person". He said pulling me back into him.
"I guess".I replied. Focusing my attention back on the film.
Chris
"Baby are you alright?" Alex said waking up. Since Yaz's break in I haven't been able to sleep. I have just been thinking about her. I can't believe I lost her.'' Please Christopher stay away from me ''. Those word keeps replaying in my head like a broken record.
"Baby is it to do with Yaz?" Alex said now seating up.
"What?" I questioned looking her.
"You was in a good mood till she came and left". She said.
"Not at all". I responded. It's just the record label they are pushing back my album again". I said in frustration which is true.
"Oh no I am sorry baby". She said pulling my face facing her and kissing my lips. "So what was Yaz doing here?" She asked.
''Oh I left my other phone in her office when i went to go talk to her about Isaiah's progress''. I lied. ''He is improving we should take him to Disney land or something you know positive reinforcements''. I added.
''Yea my baby is doing well''.She said smiling. ''Now baby got to sleep it's 3 in the morning she said turning off her lamp and laying back down. She scooted close to me and wrapped her hands around me. I kissed her forehead before laying down. I just wish Yaz was lying next to me.
So my original plan pushed her away I know just the way to get back on her good books and even make her mine.
At the end of the day everything takes time.