𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

Start from the beginning

I looked outside to see Meliodas outside thinking. He seemed to be in deep thought, his eyes flashed black for a second as he looked at his feet, arms crossed over his chest. I walked outside and stood next to him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Is something wrong Mel?"

"No, not really. I was just thinking of them. It has been 3,000 years since then. Just look how far you and I have come. But, even after all of this. I still can't break the curse and your Demigod powers can't seem to break it either." He voiced in frustration, his eyes glazed over with glassy tears. An expression I was far too familiar with, I know it very well, the weak smile on my face withered away like a decaying beach and was now replaced with a melancholic expression.

Despite being a god myself I can't break others' curses unless I unlock my demigod force, the true nature of my power. It was something that could only be done once and it was for those who were desperate and had nothing to lose. Demigod force is a stage of magic that every demigod has. It is where every ounce of our magic is channeled into our bodies. It would be a destructive force that could kill true gods. It is only used when our lives or something precious to us is in critical danger, but at the end of it, our own lives would be sacrificed.

I have offered to use it on Meliodas and Elizabeth but he shot it down immediately. He claimed he didn't want to lose his best friend and live with the guilt, he also knew that Elizabeth couldn't live with herself if I did. I understood, but I thought that his other option was risky as well. I looked at him and saw the despair in his eyes.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and gave him a lamentable smile, wistful tears streaming down my face. He gave me one back, only one without the tears and we both went back inside the bar. Our cries escaped into our dreams as our tears ran dry, the only thing to comfort us was the moonlight that fled into the room through the open window.

»•» ❁ «•«

It was the next day and it was time for the ceremony, everything that went down last night almost seemed like a dream with the way Meliodas and I acted, it was like it never happened. Meliodas told me that Ban left and King told me that he was following him. I knew that Ban left to visit the Fairy King's forest after all he told me everything that happened to him. I knew about his sin and Elaine, I had met her before, she was really sweet and I considered her a wonderful friend.

"Lady Lily?" I heard a soft voice called out, causing me to blink away from my occupying thoughts. I turn my head to see Elizabeth with an anxious expression on her soft features. "Are you alright? You look a bit pale." Elizabeth's face told me she was concerned, it was then I realized how depressing I was acting and it made me want to fix that.

" Yes, I am alright. No need to worry." I whispered to her with a gentle smile and she nodded. I turned my head to see Hawk eating scraps and I shook my head, a tad bit disappointed in the barn animal's behavior. "And Hawk we are in the presence of his majesty. Show a little respect." I sternly told him, but my voice was still soft.

"Whatever, this is who I am." He said with food in his mouth, not caring what others thought of him which made me laugh through my nose.

»•» ❁ «•«

The ceremony has started, and King Batra gives a speech about the Eight Deadly Sins, as well as tripping over Hawk's 'title' which made Lily laugh under her breath, but no one heard her except for two people who smirked.

" I object!" Meliodas shouts so everyone in the crowd can hear him, the sins that were present look over at him with raised brow, wondering what the hell their captain was up to now. Everyone looks at him in shock, he is getting a medal to honor their strength, so why is he opposing the offer? Then Lily speaks up, her soft voice now louder and more apparent.