2: Naps Are For Babies

Enjoy <3

I finally walk through their bedroom door and and their eyes fly to me, eyes shining.

"Mom's not coming home tonight so we're having a sleepover." They all whoop and cheer at my presence. I slide into bed next to Matt who's watching tiktoks on his phone while Chris and Nick fight over something on Chris's phone.

I lay my head on his shoulder and close my eyes with a sigh.

"You ok buddy?" Matt puts his phone on his stomach and rubs my head.

"I just feel a little disappointed is all." He stays silent waiting for me to elaborate. "Like I love being here don't get me wrong but I just miss my mom being home. And my dad. And her not being here all the time is hard for me." I finally lift my head up and make eye contact. When me and Matt have intimate talks like this it makes butterflies swirl in my stomach. It gives me a feeling of being wanted and appreciated. I feel warm and fuzzy and like a million things in me calmed down all at once.

"I wish I could say I know what you're going through but I can't. But what I do know is that your mom loves you like crazy, and you have a second family here who can love you in all the places you need loving. And although he's not physically here your dad loves you so much." He rubs his thumb across my cheek and leans down to kiss my head. I smile like a mad man and lay my head back on his chest.

I count the amount of times his heart beats.

One...
            Two...
                         Three...
And then I'm out.

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆

"Aww look the little baby's are sleeping." Through my closed eyes I can see a flash go off. I hear a raspy groan rattle through Matt's chest and it causes me to sit up from the heat and stretch.

"Get the fuck out of my face Nick before I fucking punch you." I pull the covers off my legs and let my feet fall onto the cold floor.

"Naps are for baby's. Just stay awake." I make a mocking face at him. Rubbing my eyes trying to adjust to light, I walk down the hall to the bathroom.

Once I'm done I walk back into Nick's room where everyone is.

"You were only out for like 45 minutes. Mom should be here in an hour or so." Chris says checking his phone. I nod my head and sit back in bed staring at the wall. I bring my fist up to my eye again desiring to rub out the drowsiness.

I look to my left and see Matt with his eyes closed still. His chest rises and falls at a slow pace. He looks so peaceful.

I really haven't seen Matt as anything other than a brother for a long time but every moment we have, just us, makes my heart rate amplify and I feel more nervous around him. I don't want to say I have a crush on him, but if he said that he liked me as more than a best friend I wouldn't say that I don't feel the same.

I've never really tried to act on anything but I feel as though he's one of the only guys in my life I don't feel scared to give my heart to.

I get caught staring for too long because Matt is opening his eyes and looking at me sleepily. I quickly turn my head back in front of me at Nick and Chris who are too oblivious to realize.

I feel warm fingers give my knee two squeezes before it leaves and the bed dips next to me. Matt sits up and leaves the room, I'm assuming to use the bathroom.