⤷ 11| A VERY FROSTY CHRISTMAS

Start from the beginning

"Lavender? But I thought—" June said, looking between Ron and Hermione. "Nevermind."

Ron turned a little pink, but did not look displeased as he turned away.

"Mind your own business."

"What a snappy retort," Fred said. "I really don't know how you think of them. No, what we wanted to know was. how did it happen?"

"What d'you mean?"

"Did she have an accident or something?"

"What?"

"Well, how did she sustain such extensive brain damage?"

June nudged Fred and he laughed. "What? I'm telling it like it is!" Then he had to dodge since Ron threw a spoon towards him. "Hey!"

"Maybe you shouldn't be sticking your nose in things where it doesn't belong," June said, grinning.

Fred raised his hands in defense just as Molly came in. "Fred, George, I'm sorry, dears, but Remus is arriving tonight so Bill and Charlie will have to squeeze in with you two."

"No problem," George said.

"That leaves Harry and Ron in the attic, and if Fleur shares with Ginny and June—"

"That'll make Ginny's Christmas," Fred muttered, making June frown.

"—everyone should be comfortable. Well, they'll have a bed, anyway," Molly said, sounding slightly harassed.

"Percy definitely not showing his ugly face, then?" Fred asked.

Molly turned away before she answered. "No, he's busy, I expect, at the Ministry."

"Or he's the world's biggest prat," Fred said, as Molly left the kitchen. "One of the two. Well, let's get going, then, George."

"Where are you going?" Ron asked, as the twins stood up.

"The products won't sell themselves, Ronnikins," George said.

"Oh wait, it will," Fred added, grinning. "See you later, June." He squeezed her shoulder before the two of them walked out of the kitchen.

"Any plans today, June?" Harry asked, as he glanced at his older cousin.

"I'm going to go wedding dress shopping with Fleur," June said.

"Good luck with that," Ron said.

"I don't need luck," June said. "This will be a fun day."

June recalled those words as Fleur walked out of her changing room. It had been what seemed like the thousandth dress she had tried that day. How long did it take to pick a dress? She looked stunning in every dress anyway. Next to her Timothée was on his third glass of champagne. He seemed to be enjoying himself. Molly, who sat on the other side of her, seemed to be doing her best to show her enthusiasm. June knew she was still not convinced that Fleur was the right match for her son.

"Très magnifique!" Fleur's mother said, as Gabrielle beamed at the sight of her sister in the wedding dress.

June nodded in agreement, though she had loved every single one of the dresses. She leaned closer to Timothée. "I'll probably just take the first dress I see and wear that one."

"So there are already plans for a wedding?" Timothée whispered back, the corner of his lips curling up.

"I think Charlie wants to but I told him I wasn't ready," June said.

"Smart, don't rush into things," Timothée said, nodding solemnly, as he watched Fleur go back into the changing room. "I sometimes wonder if they're going too fast, but then I recall the way they look at each other and I think they're good."