Chapter 26- Samarth Opens Up To Jiya

Start from the beginning

"So, did you?" Samarth nodded in positive. "It was on our first marriage anniversary that she finally accepted me as her husband, both, emotionally as well as physically. That was one of the best nights of my life and for two reasons. One, I got to hear "I love you too" from her mouth and two, we made love." Samarth looked at Jiya after uttering the second reason. Jiya visibly shifted but didn't let the discomfort show on her face. Samarth also registered that it was a sensitive topic to tell your second wife even if she is just the mother of your kid. He grew quiet.

"You must really love Mihika!" Jiya smiled while breaking the silence. "Yes, I still love her and no one can convince me otherwise. She is still here." Samarth touched his heart. Jiya held Samarth's hand and began rubbing on it, slowly in circular motions, while looking into his eyes. Samarth started feeling relaxed. This relaxation was much needed for what Jiya was going to ask next.

"How did she...uhmm, you know? Die?" Jiya asked the most sensitive question of it all and Samarth's face muscles tensed. He looked at her, expressionless, completely changing his soft, relaxed and vulnerable personality of a minute ago. Jiya noticed how with just a blink of his eyes, he changed his persona, thus Jiya found out how this man becomes bipolar every time.

He withdrew his hand from Jiya's grasp and stood up. He walked towards his table, facing his back to Jiya. "None of your business." And, the cold, ruthless, emotionless Samarth Saxena was back! Jiya didn't press on the issue. She knew he will speak about it once he is really in mood. And, since she is going to be with him for long, she will somehow find out. Samarth Saxena can't really change in one day. She mentally smacked herself and started gathering the lunch box back. She looked at the clock and gasped.

She was already one hour late to reach hospital. Rahul would not be too happy about her. "Fine, then I will go." Jiya got up. She noticed Samarth's body shivering and it looked like he was crying. Jiya kept the lunch box on the table and went to him. She touched her back and he immediately shrugged her hand away. He quickly wiped his tears and moved ahead.

"Get lost!! Right. Now." Samarth muttered though gritted teeth. "You know, you don't always have to appear strong in front of people." Jiya spoke slowly, perfectly knowing that Samarth was crying. "I don't need to appear strong. I am strong! I never cry." Samarth's shaky voice was making Jiya more worried. How could she not care? "I never did mention anything about you crying. Samarth, more than appearing or pretending to be strong and confident, you need to feel strong and confident from inside!" She went and not finding any other way, back hugged a hurt Samarth.

Samarth inhaled, deeply touched by both, Jiya's dialogue and her gesture of hugging him. He wanted to. He wanted to just turn around, engulf Jiya tightly, cry his heart out, tell her about all his pain and weaknesses but he had promised to never cry, especially in front of other. However, something about Jiya made him think that he could be his real self around her and didn't need to put up an act. But, he still wasn't ready to appear vulnerable around her, not yet. He broke the hug and gave Jiya a slight push, his back still towards her. He wiped his tears one last time and turned around. "Get a job, Miss Jhagdalu. Tumhari tarah free nahi baitha hoon yahan, am the C.E.O and I have a lot of work." He spoke, returning back to his chair and not glancing Jiya even once, hence coming back to the person he was in when she had entered the office an hour ago.

Jiya was evidently hurt. She looked at Samarth but spoke nothing, noticing his red eyes proving that he was indeed crying. Jiya had never imagined that Samarth could cry. Although, his tears didn't make him weak and useless in front of her, but she was touched by this revelation. She knew Samarth still needs time to open up. She took the lunch boxes and exited the cabin giving a last look towards Samarth. 

Samarth looked at Jiya's retreating figure. He opened the under desk of his table, took out Mihika's picture and burst into tears on finding himself all alone.

****************

"Welcome back, Mrs. Jiya." Rahul sarcastically spoke as soon as Jiya entered the hospital. Jiya was still overwhelmed by the new shade of Samarth and needed some alone time. She totally ignored Rahul. "Ignoring your boss? Not good for a promotion!" Jiya stopped when Rahul spoke again and rolled her eyes.

"Where were you?" Rahul questioned, suddenly turning serious. "You want the 8 operations done and file concerning each, right? I will hand it over to you soon. Don't you worry. As far as the question, 'where I was' is concerned, I don't wanna appear rude, but Sir, it's none of your business. There is no rule in the rulebook of the hospital that the doctor can't take leaves or go out of the hospital during work hours. There's just one rule, the target work needs to get done and I assure you that it WILL get done. So, now if you excuse me." Jiya went to her cabin with that savage mini speech. Rahul was furious by how Jiya treated him even though he was the boss. He looked around and saw the staff giggling. 

"Shut up and get back to your work!" He shouted at all of them and went to his cabin determining to teach Jiya a lesson.

Jiya was overburdened for sure. She had never done these many operations since the time she joined the hospital. By the time she was on the 8th patient, she was entirely exhausted but she had worked smart. She prepared the files for each patients during the time of the surgery and right after it, so that she could include more details and finish it quickly. 

The operation as well as the 8th file, both were done by now. She sighed. She looked at the clock and it was already 10. So late! She collected the files and went to Samarth's cabin. She was waiting for him to sign them so she could leave. Rahul came out of the washroom and smiled on seeing Jiya.

"Done?" He questioned while Jiya just stood silent. Rahul signed each and every file and it took another 15 minutes. She waited there, getting impatient by each passing minute. Rahul looked at Jiya getting impatient and smiled wickedly. He was doing all this on purpose. "Good work Mrs. Jiya. You are a little late for submission but at least you completed everything!"

Jiya smiled and picked her hand bag and coat. She started walking out of the cabin when Rahul called her. "Mrs. Jiya, I will drop you. It's late." Jiya sighed. "Bhagwan himmat dena ki inhe samjha paaun." She murmured to herself. She turned around. "Sir! I will manage, thank you." She answered casually. "You are not understanding Mrs. Jiya." Rahul cleared his table, picked his bag up and switched off the lights of the cabin. 

"You won't get cab this late. I, myself, searched for one! When I didn't get, I called for my another car because my car was getting repaired. It's said that drivers are on a strike. And, that includes bus drivers as well, you won't get even autos at this hour." Jiya was baffled. "I will drop you safely to your home. Trust me! If you feelt uncomfortable, I will resign!" Jiya looked at Samarth in shock. She nodded her head.

***************

Jiya was looking out of the window of the car and no one had spoken anything. Rahul looked at Jiya. "Jiya, am not an opportunist, nor someone who harasses their female employee. You have got me all wrong." Rahul spoke. Jiya looked at him and then at her fingers on her lap. She inhaled.

"When someone says that they don't judge anyone quickly, they are mostly wrong. We as humans tend to judge people right away. Sometimes, we are correct, other times we end misjudging the people on incorrect parameters, that makes us guilty. But, we do judge them. Honestly, I judged you too Sir! You might not be a harasser but if I be true, I did get that sort of feeling from you. I might have misjudged you, let's see if you can change my mind in the future. We reached, thank you." Jiya passed the most savage smile and got off the car. Rahul smirked as soon as he left Jiya. "Udo udo Mrs. Jiya. But tumhare parr bhi main hi kaatunga! Uss din tum mehez ek zinda laash ban kar reh jaaogi."

Jiya felt happy with the silent slap to Rahul's face that she just gave through her words. She smiled feeling confident and walked inside. But, someone was not so happy with the whole thing and apart from Rahul, it was Samarth who was watching Jiya from the terrace, being dropped by a man to the home and walking inside with a smile.

Another chapter guys! DO let me know what you think about everything here. Upvote and follow if you find me worthy!