𝟬𝟯. 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗠𝗘 𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗡𝗔𝗟

Start from the beginning

Their eyes locked on each other for a fleeting moment and at the same time, they tilted their heads, surprised. 

"Romanoff?"

"Paul?"

Get down.

Instinctively, he got down to the ground as a rain of bullets zipped by near him, the gunfire sounding like angry bees going past his head. The crowd around him dispersed in panic, screaming and causing a stampede that injured a lot of people. Without thinking about the matter twice, Apollos grabbed the edge of a round bistro table and flung it at one of the shooters, making them swerve and crash on a nearby shop.

"Thanks, Paul!"

"You know that guy?"

He heard the blonde ask Natasha with a heavy Russian accent as they sped away, revving their engine. Multiple motorcycles and a heavy armored vehicle swiftly passed him and the Eternal concluded that they must be after Natasha. Of all the places he would see his recruiter again, it would be here… in Budapest like some fate orchestrated timing.

Snatching his keys from the ground, Apollos made his way to his car, deciding to chase them down the street. Natasha Romanoff was certainly in trouble not only with the authorities, but also with something else. The least thing he could do is provide help since he could feel she needed it.

Hitting the road, Apollos swerved his car to chase down Natasha. He whipped his automobile around, nearly running into a tree and driving over a few pedestrians who were recording the chase. Pulling and pushing down the hand brake, he turned around a shortcut, hoping to get ahead of the chasers, but instead came across Natasha and her blonde companion at the end of the passageway, running away. Their motorcycle was disposed of at the side, smoking.

Hurriedly, he stopped his car behind them and just as the two women aimed their guns, he stuck his head out of his car window. "Get inside."

"You again?" complained the blonde haired woman.

Natasha declared, "I'll drive."

"Who is this? Your boyfriend?"

"No."

Apollos climbed out of his car instantly and got into the backseat. "Be my guest."

"Woah, you're dating a giant." commented once again by the blonde Russian woman as they got into the front seats of his car. "On what dating site did you find this guy?"

And then, gunshots were fired.

Their rear windshield exploded, shards like bullets peppering the interior leather. Apollos and the blonde ducked to avoid being hit.

"Okay. Any time now, please."

"Shut up!"

Just like that, they fled away from the street, weaving through the traffic. Apollos muttered a swear as his 2017 Audi RS7 slammed back down to the pavement. Gunshots sounded out and they all ducked in their seats to take cover.

"Okay, you got a plan, or shall we just stay duck-and-cover?" asked the blonde.

"Yeah, my plan was to drive us away!"

Silence.

"That’s a shit plan."

The Russian woman reached over to Natasha and yanked the steering wheel to the left. Their tires screamed in agony, smoke and burnt rubber filling their cabin. Swiftly, she kicked open her car door and let a street lamp hit it, causing it to crash into their chaser behind, disorienting them. Their car spun back around, wheels trailing smoke, around the corner.