one

charlotte willard

nothing hurt more than the sunburn that cascaded on my back. i lifted my black bikini, showing the difference from my red burnt skin and my soft pale skin. i winced as i set my bikini strap back over, not happy about the restless sleep i would get tonight because of this sunburn. i heard a snicker coming from my right, seeing madelyn cline recording me.

i rolled my eyes as she laughed at me, setting her phone down. maddy and i become friends as soon as i got the role for Knives Out 2. i was a nervous wreck that day and she shared the same nerves as me, deeming us best friends from the start.

two months into filming and we have spent almost every day together.

"not funny." i smiled at her, grabbing a loose shirt to throw over my sunburn. i wasn't risking my skin anymore for a good tan. once the redness fades i think i'll be just fine with the golden bronze skin.

"it so is." she giggled, getting up from the couch in my trailer. i watched her make herself a drink as i slipped some jean shorts on. it was incredibly hot in Greece, the sun soaking up all my energy once again. it was tough adjusting to it all, the time change and the demanding schedule being the worst of it but two months in and i don't think i ever want to leave.

she poured another glass, this time with ice cold water.

"well i'm drained from today." she said, topping off the water and handing it to me. i grabbed it with a small thankful smile. "i say we go to dinner and then movie marathon aka sleep." i chugged my water, needing it after feeling like all the water i've drank today was sucked up by the sun.

"i was thinking the same thing!" she said, going over to her clothes that were sitting on the couch she was previously at. we tend to share everything now, i hated being alone and she felt the same way. we combined our hotel room and upgraded it to the suite.

it was nice to have someone, especially after my "break" with timothée. it was also nice because she never prodded about it, she knew it wasn't her business and she stayed out of it. i'm glad she did because any mention of him made me want to jump off a cliff. either that or collapse in a puddle of my own tears.

it was a sensitive subject let's just say that.

"twilight marathon?" she suggested and i almost wanted to shake my head no. any idea of love, especially seeing it on screen with such passion made me want to vomit. instead of declining i just nodded my head. i'll fall asleep in the first twenty minutes anyways.

"i'll order some pizza!" maddie cheered, now getting excited. her excitement made me feel giddy as we left the trailer. she dialed a random number, ordering us two pizza's while we walked out of my set trailer.

Greece was beautiful during sunset so while we walked i quickly snapped a picture of the sky. i wanted to remember this journey as much as i could. i knew once this film came out it will change peoples perspective on my acting abilities.

the only other thing i've done was Euphoria and i play Charlie, i silly character that romanticized a life she could never have. her best friend was Rue, who was played by my dear friend Zendaya. Charlie and Rue get along because they both are addicts, doing drugs for different reasons.

that's the only thing people think i'm capable of doing so i'm excited to show that i can do more. it was important to me to not get comfortable, i wanted to branch out and try different styles of acting.

"alright pizza will be there in thirty minutes."

"cherry?"

i blinked out of a trance i was in, stopping in front of the car that is supposed to take us back to the hotel.