𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝

━━━━━

━━━━━

In a world full of demons, not everyone is part of the demon slayer corps. Some are unaware of the existence of the demons that walk and roam the night. But demons can come from any shape and form, sometimes, that demon might even be ourselves. Nakamura Hayami believed that these demons existed ━ but never had she encountered them on her own. The one demon she had to face every single day was her father.

There was a time when he had given love and affection to her, but that was before he had lost his wife ━ Hayami's mother. Her mother had left her when she was nothing more than an infant. At first, her father still took care of her despite grieving over her deceased mother ━ but as she grew up he resented seeing her. Seeing the pictures of her mother around the house, Hayami noticed that she was a spitting image of her late mother. Her father never gave her a full explanation as to why her mother passed, but Hayami did not want to question him further.

Having to withstand her father's mistreatment for her whole existence made her quite numb to the verbal abuse she got, but she was quite grateful her father never got physical with her. Despite her father resenting her and getting drunk every night, Hayami still took care of him just as he once did for her. For in spite of the harsh ways he treated her, he was still and always will be her father.

━━━━━

Taking care of the Nakamura household each day was not an easy task, however, Hayami has been quite used to the hard-burn-inducing labor she had to do. Nakamura Hayami was a young girl who recently turned fifteen on the date of the seventeenth of July. She had an average height for a girl at her age, and her long ginger-brown hair was always tied up in a ponytail. Her eyes were the colors of the sky and seas as they faded from a dark blue to a pale green. She had two moles on the side of her left cheek and she wore a plain beige yukata.

The girl was always alone in the house she grew up in, most people would feel lonely being in an empty house by themselves, but Hayami was quite used to it. Cooking and cleaning like a housewife without a spouse. Since Hayami had to take care of the house and her mentally unstable father, she barely had any time to go outside and have a social life ━ even before her late mother passed ━ she was merely a baby, she never made proper friends. Leaving her, now a fifteen-year-old without any friends or anyone to talk to. It seemed that with such circumstances she would not be able to communicate with people, but the entire experience left the young girl with a mature and kind heart.

As the sun had set beyond the horizon, Hayami unpinned the hanging laundry she did earlier in the morning ━ and just as she did so, she heard a loud noise from the front of her house. Judging from the trudging footsteps, it was her father; drunk once again. Hayami hurriedly carried the basket full of clothes and sheets inside, before approaching her father in a kind manner.