Tae gasped "Oh my god, only 19 days are left for that. W-will she be O-okay before t-that ? H-how about Jungkook ? " his voice scared while speaking

"I seriously doesn't know Tae. We are trying our best to make her healthy but she is stubborn. It's as if she doesn't us. Jungkook is also not fine. He can't sleep, can't eat, doesn't goes to office. Only praying for his daughter. Praying is the only thing we can do" Hoseok said looking down. He doesn't know what to do anymore.

Tae took a shaky breathe while closing his eyes. His heart said to agree to their offer and save Aera but his mind said to think logically and not to involve in a relationship only to get hurt later.

Aera's little giggles ringed in his ears. The way she looked at him as if she is craving for his love, made his eyes teary.

"S-she will s-survive, right ?" He asked in a daze. His eyes soaked up.

Hobi sadly smiled. He knows his best friend must be feeling guilty for rejecting the offer. But he also can understand him. He got betrayed in the past and haven't even gotten sufficient time to heal and he himself placed a bigger problem in front of him.

He held his shoulder and patted saying "She will have to survive. Not for anyone but the man whose life depends on her. God won't be so cruel to snatch Jungkook's everything right"

Taehyung sobbed, his body shuddering in fear. No matter how much he thinks, he can't ignore the bad gut feeling he is getting.

He may not be her real mother, or they may have met only twice, but the connection he felt with her was something very strong.

"Don't cry Tae. She will be oka--" he was cut off by Tae.

He sniffed and wiped his tears looking up and said "I am ready to be Aera's mama. I can't let her die hyung. She is so precious. I won't be able to stay at peace knowing she might not come back after going to that operating theater"

Hoseok was shocked. He never expected Tae to change his decision. Then again, he has always been so kind.

Taehyung kept thinking about Hobi's words after he left that day. He even talked to his mother who told him to listen to his heart.

He was confused as to why out of all people, Aera had to choose him. He himself was a broken soul, how could he fix her.

But after thinking for a while, he realised that maybe it was written in his destiny. Aera had to choose him because it was meant to be.

He thought what if he can really help Aera to become healthy. Aera will survive, she will be happy, she will he able to enjoy her life and apparently only he can do it.

He decided to talk to his best friend once more after he is sure of his decision. But he didn't expect that to come so soon.

Bogum called him and the fear let him call his best friend. He wanted it to share with someone. He didn't tell his parents because they were already worried for him, he didn't wanted to add more to it.

But now listening to Hobi, he felt scared. Scared for that precious girl. He then made a decision.

"Think carefully Tae. It will not be easy for you"

"I know but i feel guilty for rejecting your proposal. I feel selfish"  Tae looked away.

Hobi held Tae's hand and sighed "You are not selfish. You are scared of pain. You don't need to marry Jungkook. I know you must be thinking that i only told you marry Jungkook but i am the one who is now telling the opposite. That day believe me it was not my intention to pressurised you. Aera was so sick and we literally tried everything. When i came to know that she loved you, i got a new hope and i was desperately trying to hold on to it. And in between all this, i hurt you.

Taehyung should his head in negative and opened his mouth to say but Hobi stopped him.

"No don't say anything. Please listen to me. When i told Jungkook everything, he was angry at me for pressurising you. Even i realised my fault later. My mind was not working that day. I didn't know how rudely i talked to you. I guilt tripped when it was not even your fault. I realised i was wrong. Now, i believe that you don't have to sacrifice your happiness by marrying. You have to right to choose how you want to spend your life and me and no one has the right to bound you"

Tae didn't say anything. He knows his best friend can never think bad for him. It was his frustration speaking that day.

But that doesn't mean what he said was wrong. Aera considered him as her mother and needed his warmth and care to survive. Then can't he sacrifice his freedom for that little soul. Can't he once forget about his past and move on.

Though he met Jungkook once, he could tell that he was a gentleman. Moreover, he trusts his best friend.

Taking a deep breathe, he took a decision

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Tell Mrs. Jeon that i am ready for the marriage. I will be Aera's mama"

_________________________________

A/N :- Hey, i am here. Yes, yes, i didn't die and i missed you all.

What do you think about this chapter  ?  Do you like it ?

Want a double update ?

P. S -  Thank you for reading