"But what else is the Gospel about? The 99 and the 1, the Prodigal Son, all of it?" Shine said.

"That is true." Kurt rubbed his chin. "But usually I think God would send people who live here.... Why such lengths?"

"Well, it's about more than Logan," Shine said. "There's always a bit more to it. Something important is happening here, Kurt, something big. Not sure when it will start, or if it has already, but times like this in history are crucial, and sometimes they need extra help. The angel to Gideon, the general of the Lord to Joshua, and so many other instances. Joan of Arc and her voices that she heard--people have needed a little extra help and guidance to do great things. I guess we're like that, minus the part where we're angels. We aren't." She laughed. "Though people have made that mistake when they can see what we do."

"What can you do?" Kurt asked.

Wally buzzed to behind him. "Hey," he said.

Kurt jumped.

"How did...? Can you teleport also?"

"No, that's me." Shine suddenly made a Bible appear in her hands.

Kurt startled again. "You can do objects without yourself.... That's useful."

"Parlor trick, not that important." Shine sat the Bible down. "We can do more. But this is a secret for now."

"Why? They would find it useful," Kurt said.

"And in time, we'll show them," Shine said, "but our orders from up High are not to reveal ourselves for now. You can know--you don't think any different of people, regardless of where they are from or what they can do, but not everyone is like that. And I think you had to learn that through a lot of hardship, didn't you?"

Kurt bowed his head. "You are right, Fraulein."

"Frau," Shine said, smiling.

"Oh...sorry," Kurt said. "But this is a lot to accept.... I see why my friends are having a difficult time with it."

"So do you believe us?" Wally asked, sitting back down.

Kurt thought. "I do," he said. "I sense your sincerity. And it would be a serious thing to claim what you claim if you didn't believe it. I don't pretend to understand how you can be from the future, or another world, but you clearly mean it. I do not know if the others will accept it. They brought me here to see if I knew you."

"You know us now." Shine smiled. "And in a way, we sort of did know each other. All of us know each other in some way, don't we? At least, I usually see it when I meet someone. I could see it in you right away."

"I do think I know what you mean," Kurt said. "People who live by love have a different way about them...but this is not a strong case for my friends, who like to see proof. Many skeptics are in the X-Men."

Shine leaned on her hand. "I figured you didn't miss that. Not that he tries to hide it."

"You mean the one they call Gambit?" Kurt said. "Yes, he made his sentiments clear. I pray for him."

Shine laughed. "He needs it.... Not sure about Rogue either. Or the rest. They haven't talked about it. I don't think they consider that part of us to be important."

"Not everyone thinks it matters," Kurt said. "Many people care more about what you look like than what you believe.... Forgive me, but are you both human?"

"Yeah," Wally said.

"Very," Shine said.

"And you see the trouble?" Kurt said. "I do not care, but many mutants do not believe humans can understand or will understand them and their struggles. I was accepted by my brothers, but not before. And my own family hates mutants."