One shot

You couldn't fight it anymore.

It's been years since you first coughed up one of those beautiful petals. You've been in denial ever since, despite occasionally hacking up whole flowers. Their stems ripping your throat apart leaving a blood mess in the sink. You couldn't be dying, not like this. You had a whole kingdom to rule, dozens of citizens counting on you to lead them. But the longer you ignored it the worse it became. Your healing abilities could only delay the inevitable for so long.

"Your majesty, princess peach of the mushroom kingdom is here!" You had scheduled a meeting with peach and bowser to discuss this pressing matter. It hurt to think you'd have to tell your two closest friends that you where dying... that they'd need to take care of your people. Just the thought of what was about to happen made your gut twist.

Even if the they where the very reason you are facing an early demise...

Whipping off the spit and specks of blood from your lips with a hankerchief you quickly responded to your dear servant.

"Thank you for informing me, please show her to the counsel room."

"Yes my lady."

You looked at the mirror before you. There stood a shell of the women you used to be. Hollow eyes and dark bags stared back at you. Your skin had paled and check bones hollowed. You reminded yourself of a corpse. Dead on your feet.
Your dress barely clung to your frail frame.

You once filled this dress out completely. Wearing it to all kind of festivals your people held. The fondest memories you had where held within this dress...

This is why you hid away. Rarely stepping outside. You wanted your people to remember you as who you used to be.

Not this.

Not a sickly frail women.

This dress was also the dress you wore when signing a peace treaty with a certain Koopa king.

The very man who you found yourself helplessly devoted to.

The man who will inevitably kill you.

The man who...

"My lady are you alright?" You shook yourself out of your thoughts. "Princess peach is awaiting your arrival"

"Yes I'll be right out."

"Are you sure you do not require my assistance my lady?"

Your staff knew that you where ailing. They would see it plain as day. Their once beautiful princess required they're undevoted attention. You praised your lady in waiting. She had stepped up since you first began succumbing to the sickness. Forcing you to eat and even helping you dress on days you felt truly helpless. Yet you refused to allow her to take you to a doctor. She herself had never witnessed you spit the petals out. Nor will she ever. These vile episodes where only for you to see. Nobody else needed to.

You opened the door to see her smiling at you. She offered you her hand which you took. Feeling weak after just hacking up a bushel of flowers.

"Princess peach lady (y/n)" peach gasped loudly. She quickly ran from her seat to your side.

"OH my stars (y/n)! What's wrong?! What's going on?!" Your dear friend had tears in her eyes as she took in your appearance

"Let's have a talk" you motioned to the three chairs that sat around a table.

Though peach was your friend you couldn't help but be envious of her. She had it all. She was stunningly beautiful, with plump pink lips, long golden locks, and sapphire eyes. She had captured the heart of the one person you yearned for. Yet, the worst part of it all was she didn't even want him. She wanted Mario, a human man. Perhaps is she returned his feelings it wouldn't hurt so bad but the fact she had everything you wanted and didn't even care about it sent you into a frenzy.