five

since i forgot to go to that strip mall my dad told me to go to yesterday im going today. as i walked to the mall i kept replaying what happened this morning at eli's house. i watched as the cars pass by and a familiar car catches my eye. 'eli?' i thought to myself but brushed it off because i was think of him at the time... besides millions of people have that exact car.

                ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

i arrived to the strip mall. i stood there confused. then i remembered my dad opened a karate dojo. cobra kai. sounds familiar..

i walked into the building to see miguel, eli, and demetri with dozens of other people standing in rows. probably because they all saw that video of miguel beating kyler up.
"y/n!" my dad yelled "you decided to show your face today?" "sorry i di-" "QUIET!!!" he replied screaming in my face. "take of your shoes and get in the front" he continued. "dad i do-"
"NOW." he said sternly making chills  run down my spine. ive never seen him like this. i remember him teaching me karate but he was never this extreme. i agreed, slipped off my shoes, and walked to the front. "ALRIGHT!! JAB PUNCH. YUH!" my dad screamed "YUH!" the class replied as my dad walked around "awh man you make me feel like a virgin just lookn at you" he continued walking around. "there are a lot less students today!!" he said raising his voice "you know what that shows?" nobody responded but me "NO SENSEI!" "good lawrence!" he said looking at me proudly "it shows bravery." he continues "look even lip stayed" "c-can you please not call me that?" eli asked quietly "i-ill warm them up sensei" miguel said walking forward slightly when my dad placed his arm in front of him, stopping him. "nahh lip's got something to say"

              ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

the conversation ended in eli storming out the back door. i ran after him. "eli wait!" i yelled "what do you want?!" he yelled back "why do you care about me?!" he said walking back towards me "because your amazing eli! ive liked you ever since i met you!" i said hugging him, letting his tears wet strands of my hair. i pulled away from the hug and he unexpectedly cupped my face with his hands and softly kissed me. "i-im sorry" he said walking away.

              ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

i was too mad to go home that night so i walked to eli's. i made my way up to his porch and knocked on his door, his mother answered. "hi can i help you?" she asked smiling sweetly "hi! im eli's lab partner and i was wondering if he is here." i replied smiling as well. "im sorry sweetie hes not here right now." "oh thats fine thank you! bye!" i said heading down the stairs "bye!" his mom said as she closed the door.

               ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

the next day was dreadful, mostly because eli wasn't there and i was overthinking as usual.

it soon became time to go the the dojo.

"hey you need a ride to the dojo?" ms diaz asked me as she pulled up next to me in her car with miguel in the front. "yes thank you!" i said hopping into the back of the car.

              ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

i felt disappointed when eli wasn't at the dojo but i brushed it off. my dad walked out of his office. "more quitters sensei." miguel said "for real?!" my dad replied rather loud making everyone look at him "i-i meant good!" "it shows who the strong ones are" he said trying to sound reassuring. "alright fall in!" he said as everyone rearranged themselves in rows. after a few punches we heard the bell to the door rang.

a tall guy with a blur mohawk walked in. i didnt recognize him at first but when i did- "eli?!" i said shocked. "its hawk" he replied "your joking right?!" "lip?!" my dad asked. eli nodded "dude nice cut!" "hawk fall in!" he strutted over and stood next to me. to be honest i didnt hate the new look. it was hot.

a/n: OK OK LAST CHAPTER FOR TONIGHT!!

word count: 716