Chapter 11: Time Passes By

4 months later

Peter sat me down at a table as he made our coffees. Today, he wanted to spoil me so he treated me with a cheesecake. The cafe was me and Peter's hangout now.  Janie and Lyna were both busy 24/7 that we barely even got to see each other so it was only us. He switched to a part time job here now. Peter helped me get a job at a frozen yogurt shop near campus. I hate to admit it, but he has been putting the smile on my face ever since Aidan left. I was totally over it now, thanks to him.

We've been studying, watching movies, and going to the park and beach together a lot. We've grown so much closer in a short period of time. I still feel that there's this stronger connection between us. Something more than just friends. I'll admit it. I'm falling harder in love with Peter.

Peter~

After my shift at the cafe, I walked to my car. It was 9 pm but it looked so dark out. Tiffany had to leave to go to work. As I was walking, I couldn't help notice a black figure following me. He followed me until I finally stopped. "Hello, Peter" said a dark and hoarse voice. "You're gonna pay for this. Tiffany's mine. And she always will be." he continued. After he brought Tiffany into the conversation, he gave out his whole identity. It was Aidan. I turned around to face him and he had a knife in hand. It looked as if we were dancing. I kept dodging his attempts to stab me. But when he knew I got tired, he pinned me down and stabbed me. I was blacking out so I didn't know where. And the last thing I remembered was getting hit by some hard object. A bat, I'm guessing. I lay in my own pool of blood and slowly felt Death take me.

Tiffany~

I got a call from the hospital. Who calls at 11 pm? I answered it anyway. It was a nurse. She told me that Peter was at Berkshire hospital. He was unconscious. I hung up the phone and woke up Damien. He didn't let me drive after I told him the news. There was adrenaline rushing through me. "DRIVE FASTER, DAMIEN!" I screamed. I was aware that I was pressuring my brother but that would put us both in danger. So he just gave me the "shut up" look and it worked.

We were there in 15 minutes. We told front desk we were looking for Peter so the nurse led us to him. The hospital was big. And I mean big. After an elevator ride and 2 hallways and a few left+right turns, we finally reached his room. The nurse and Damien left us alone. "I'll see you outside" he said before closing the door.

When we were alone, I grabbed a plush seat and dragged it next to Peter's bed. His heart monitor was beeping, so I knew he was alive. I held his hand. His head was stitched and bandaged while his leg had a cast. He was so crippled. I didn't know what to do so I carefully got into the bed with him. I kissed his hair and started talking to him. I knew he was unconcrious. "Did you get into a fight? I can't imagine it. Who the hell would do this to you anyways?" 

I started to sob into one of his pillows. Me and Peter made a promise to never cry. But he wouldn't hear me anyways. "Don't die on me Peter. Don't. Please..."I said. My voice was craking. "You can't leave me like this. You got me back on my feet ever since that moron left me. I'll admit that I fell in love with you the moment I looked into your eyes." I had to tell him now. "You can't leave me. You can't because...because..." I paused for a second. "Because I love you. I love you so much, Peter. More than you'll ever known. I hate seeing you like this..." More tears ran down my face.

I felt someone squeeze my hand. It was Peter. I looked at his face to find him grinning. "You do?" he asked, opening his eyes.I wiped my tears. "Yes I do! How much did you hear?! Were you awake the whole time?!!" I said angrily. I thought he was dying! "Right from 'don't die on me' " he said. I calmed down after a few seconds and he grabbed my face and kissed me. I kissed him back, obviously. And all the stupid questions crossed my mind. Why did I hold in my feelings for so long? Why did I ever regret feeling something for him?

We both pulled away from each other to get some air. "I love you Tiffany. Even when you thing no one does, I do. Always." He smiled. We were about to kiss again until Damien walked in. "Hey guys" he said sarcastically. "Did I interrupt something here????" My and Peter looked at each other. "Nothing!!" we both said at the same time.