06. Can't Do Better

Start from the beginning

"No," Harry protested as I was walking towards the door. "Stay."

I turned around, looking Harry into the eyes. I didn't want to stay, but I didn't want to leave if Harry didn't want me to either.

"Like I said," Zayn said, his eyes on Harry. "She doesn't need you to make her own choices."

Silence.

They were staring at each other for a while, as Louis and I both looked uncomfortable in here. I bit my lip nervously, feeling like Zayn and Harry were arguing because of me, all because of me.

"Fine," Harry spoke finally and moved his eyes from Zayn. "Then leave, Scar."

Harry didn't look at me once. He lit a cigarette along with Louis while Zayn finally sat down, relaxed and pleased with himself. So I decided to leave - I left Harry's room and I left the boys alone.

~*~

Harry didn't speak to me the whole next day. It was tensed between us, it really was - he just acted like I wasn't there whenever he walked past me in the house.

Once again, it made me feel like shit. He was treating me like I was some kind of toy - whenever he felt like it, he would kiss me and touch me and fuck me. He didn't fucking care about how I felt.

So when I walked past the door into his room, I stopped up and saw him smoking out of the window. I just stood there, waiting for him to notice me. He knew I was there, he knew I was standing in the door - he just didn't care.

"Again; you're such a fucking idiot." I spoke and finally, he turned around and looked at me... but with a straight face.

"Just leave it, will you? I'm not in a mood for this."

"What is your problem? Why are you always treating me so unfair?" I asked him, my voice shaky. I wanted to break down.

He didn't reply, all he did was staring at me, biting his lip and crossing his arms over his chest.

"You're ignoring me. You know how I feel when you're ignoring me. I feel like shit. I feel like a completely loser. I hate it, Harry, I fucking hate it and I hate you."

Yes, I was regretting those three words. I regret saying that I hated him just one second after that sentence left my mouth, but I was happy I said it; because he clearly didn't enjoy it.

"Harry." I spoke, my voice begging for him to say something. "Please."

"Well, you hate me," was all he said. "What do you expect me to say to you after that?"

I went inside and closed the door behind me before sitting down onto the hard ground with my back against the door and my knees curled up to my chest. I could feel a tear escape my eye and I could feel the ache in my heart.

"I hate the fact that you don't care about me or my feelings," I said quietly. "Because you know, you know how much I care about you."

He just shook his head and chuckled at me. His eyes were on his hands now, looking down as he sat down onto the floor with his back against his bed - right in front of me.

"You think I don't care about you? Is that why I've been staying up all night waiting for you to come home while you've been out and got drunk off your ass? Is that why you think I don't fucking care about you?" Harry spoke, his voice harsh and loud.

I leaned my head back against the door as I closed my eyes shut, feeling a few other tears running down my cheeks. I let out a sigh as I forced myself to look at him. "Why have you been ignoring me?" I asked him carefully.

"You know why, I don't have anything else to say."

"You haven't spoken to me since yesterday when the boys were here." I breathed. "Why?"

"Scarlett." Harry hissed, his anger building.

"Is it because I kissed Zayn when I was fucking drunk, because that's not fair - you've been kissing Charlotte a million times without I've been treating you different, hell, you've even been fucking her and God know what!"

"Shut your mouth right now or I swear.." He threatened once again.

"No, don't you dare talk like that to me! You know I'm right- you know you've been a fucking asshole and treated me like shit!" I yelled at him, and surprisingly, he wasn't yelling back at me.

"You don't realize how stupid we have been, fooling around with each other and having sex behind our parents back. We can't keep living like this, Scarlett, at some time we will get caught by one of them and I promise you, we will not be able to see each other again after that. Our parents will split us apart and most likely throw me out of this house." Harry spoke quietly as he looked deep into my eyes. "We need to stop, we need to end this. The boys are right, this is so wrong and we can't keep doing it. I don't want to risk our relationship- I don't want to lose you. I can't lose you, Scarlett."

I was crying, without even noticing myself I realized I was crying. He was right, he was so fucking right, and it hurt me so hard.

"Don't cry. Stop crying."

"How do you want me to stop crying when you've basically just told me that we can't be around each other anymore?"

"Of course we can be around each other, as long as we don't get too intimate or share a bed." He mumbled, running a hand through his hair.

I sighed, looking down at my feet. "I don't know how to feel about this."

"I'm sorry, baby, I'm really sorry, but I can't lose you. I don't want to be claimed as the guy who slept with his step-sister and not be able to see you ever again. I can't do better." He breathed.

I knew he was hurting just as much as I was. I knew he was going through the same as me. But it didn't mean we couldn't hook up when our parents weren't at home, we just had to make sure that we wouldn't fall asleep in the same bed.

It was going to be completely different - but mentally, it would still be the same.

_________

This chapter turned out different than I planned but it's okay I guess lolz

so what do u guys think (I updated early again did anyone notice)

NEXT CHAPTER IS GONNA BE :))) stay tuned x