Prologue

Who knew a desert could burn. But oh how Isle burned. Any bit of light and life seemed dismal and dark. The few birds that roamed the sandy dunes laid lifeless in the sand. Three dark figures walked over to the slain birds. They gathered them into a pile, and stood in a circle around them. Grabbing hands, they stood and recited.

Vita ad mortem,
et lux ad tenebras!
Obscuris tenebris,
lumen ad tenebras!
venite ad Eden,
servite regi itinere
tenebrae et tolle eas hodie!!!

With fervor and vigor they said it. Their words caused darkness to engulf the birds. Their delicate white bodies morphed to grey as a great wind arose. It swirled the cloaks of the dark beings and gave the birds a new life. A dark one. One with the purpose of serving evil. The Evil of Eden. After the incantation was finished, only the dying flames could be heard.
After a moment of stillness and quiet, the shadowy birds rose. They rose into the air, bringing the dark figures with them. They would fly to Eden. The source of the darkness where they would become true dark birds. Black as tar and the murky waters of Wasteland.
Few lived in Isle, but even fewer escaped before their fate was that of the dark figures. That was how the news spread. These few survivors fled to Daylight Prairie, searching for mercy. They had flown far and had alerted the Prairie Council of the threat that had reached Isle. Word was sent to the prophecy caves. They completely limited access to Isle and all residents exited through the Wind Paths. Locking access to the caves from the outside.

The dark was spreading, but not as fast as the fear.
~