"El, i'm sorry, but you need to just let Regulus do this. Please just sit down—"

"NO! I want my wand back, give me my wand!" she walked towards him until they were practically chest to chest.

James was about to reply, but was interrupted by the sound of the front door closing. When El turned around, Regulus was gone. She ran to the door, attempting to open it, but James' charm withheld against her attempts. She pulled the handle with all the strength in her body but the door did not move.

"NO! What the fuck?!" she hit her fist against the wood. "You're trapping me in here now?!"

"El, love, please calm down."

"Calm down?! CALM DOWN?! What the fuck is wrong with you, James?" she pulled a frame from the wall and threw it across the room, smashing it against the wall furthest from them.

James flinched. "El—"

She was shaking, her eyes watering and soon her legs gave out from underneath her. She collapsed onto her knees with a loud cry, her head falling into her hands.

"Letter—" James instinctively walked forward.

"NO! Don't come near me! And don't call me that!" she held her hand out to keep him away. "I hate you, James, i don't even want to fucking look at you right now!"

James attempted to speak, but no noise came out, a single tear slipped down his cheek. "I love you, El."

"If you loved me, i wouldn't be locked in here!"

"I locked you in here because i wanted you to stay alive!"

"And let Regulus die instead!" tears were flowing freely from her eyes now. She gasped desperately for breath as sobs tore through her throat. "I wanted—to—save him. . . you pro—promised me he wouldn't die. You promised!" her sentence was disrupted by sobs.

She dragged herself off the floor and walked towards the kitchen counter. A full bottle of firewhiskey was waiting for her on the counter.

"Don't drink right now, El, please," James begged, another year escaping his eye.

"Fuck off!" she shouted. "This is—" she let out something that was half hiccup, half sob, "—this is your fault!" she drank the liquid straight from the bottle.

James swallowed, "please—"

"Leave me alone," she sobbed, downing enough liquid in one go to make her inhale deeply afterwards. "I don't wanna—see you," she sobbed.

"El—" his voice cracked.

"LEAVE!" she picked up a plate and threw against the same wall as before.

"I'm not leaving you alone," James clenched his jaw as more tears fell down his face.

"Why? I'm not your girlfriend," she said cruelly, "f-fine! I'll leave," she sniffed. El marched to the front door, pulling at the door handle, then hitting her fists fruitlessly against it until her knuckles bled.

"Stop," James came towards her, "El, stop!" his arms wrapped around her waist as he picked her up, pulling her away. She writhed and struggled against him, hitting her fists against any part of him she could reach. He adjusted his grip to trap her arms against her sides.

He placed her down on the sofa, the pointed his wand at her. "Just stay there, please. Don't move, let me heal your hand."

El's crying slowly turned into hysterical laughter. "You want to help me now? I thought i was your prisoner in here."

"You're not my prisoner, i'm trying to save your life!"

"But you seemed perfectly happy to just let Regulus risk his life! If i went with him, i could help him!"