Game

(First story on this book! In this oneshot you are any house other than Gryffindor.)

♛ ♛

It was OWLs month. Everyone was busy studying in the library, in their common rooms or dorm rooms. Hermione however, already studied months before the exams so she already borrowed the books she needed to study.

Hermione was busy studying in her dorm room, away from everyone. It's not like she complained, she loved the peace and quiet and although she was best friends with the most adventurous and lazy people as Hermione would call them, she didn't mind. She loved her friends dearly but sometimes she just wants the peace and quiet.

Hermione was falling asleep it's not like she wanted to, her studies were way too important to her, so what better way to stay wake up than to have a walk.

Hermione took a walk near the Black Lake. She hugged her coat tighter, the fluff inside the jacket immediately hitting her cold arms. It seemed that more Hermione walked the more it got colder.

"This was an idiotic idea. I should go head back," Hermione said to herself. She was about to turn around and walk back to the castle until she heard a stone hit the water in the Black Lake.

There was another person walking towards her. Hermione looked closer and the person was a girl. 'She's pretty', Hermione thought to herself.

"Hey," (Y/n) said. (Y/n) was there for the same reason. Except she thought that anything would be better than to stay in her room studying.

"Hi, I'm Hermione Granger," Hermione said, staring at the girl who was taking off her shoes.

(Y/n) took of her socks then walked into the lake. She grabbed a bunch of rocks and turned to look at Hermione.

"You coming?" (Y/n) asked, picking the big rocks and throwing the little ones back in the lake.

"I don't know it's pretty cold..." Hermione said contemplating her decision. She could either go back in the castle and continue her studies or stay with this pretty girl and spend the night talking to her.

Hermione sighed and started taking off her shoes. She walked towards the cold lake, shivering. The cold water hit her feet, somewhat making her uncomfortable and peaceful at the same time. She stood by the girl and looked her curiously, seeing as the girl was taller she was slightly looking up.

"Alright, now what?" Hermione asked the taller girl.

"Have you never done stone skipping before?" (Y/n) asked, starting to take off her jacket seeing as the girl was cold.

(Y/n) took off her fluffy jacket, leaving her with her long sleeve shirt and placed it around the bushy haired girl zipping it up to prevent it from falling. Hermione blushed and stared at the water to hide her blush.

"No I haven't, teach me?" Hermione said pulling up the sleeves of the big jacket.

"Really? Brightest witch of her age and doesn't know how to skip stones?" (Y/n) chuckled. Hermione rolled her eyes and stared pointedly at the taller girl.

"Okay pick a nice and flat rock first." (Y/n) told her. Hermione grabbed a fistful of rocks but didn't find any flat ones. (Y/n) laughed at Hermione's disappointed state and placed a rock in her hand.

"Now you have to flick your wrist and let go of the stone" (Y/n) told her, moving closer to demonstrate how.

Hermione attempted to do as what she was told but to her dismay it just fell back into the lake. (Y/n) gave her another rock but this time she went behind the bushy haired girl and held her hand. This made Hermione blush, but luckily (Y/n) couldn't see her.